Crafted bag sales

vistachiri

Dalayan Master
Granted there wouldn't I think be a ridiculous demand. But it's always seemed odd to me that while handmade backpacks are craftable, as well as things like high quality urns, there really isn't an effective way to store or sell them that isn't far more time consuming than it's worth. In that vein I'd suggest that crafted bags not craft the bag themselves, but rather a single charge clicky that summons a single version of that bag.

This would crack a pretty fresh market for beginning tailors (as the clickies would then work with the listing system, providing a convenient way to sell bags), as well I'd think opening up quite a few possibilities for pottery in the future.

Would be a nice option for sure. I have always found it a hassle when i was training at that tailoring level to sell the bags, since you pretty much have to make them with the buyer close by to take them over instantly.

I think this has come up in the past and it sorta just fizzled out. Def would be nice if it went in, though

I like the idea considering that after 2 1/2 years of playing my wiz I finally got a few of those bags. I would have certainly gotten them much sooner if they could have been sent through the listsold system.

So yeah two thumbs up on this idea. :)

This is a wonderful idea. I always have to wander high and low on my beginner toons for handmade backpacks. There's just not a huge market.

The coding for doing this could be emulated from the auction area of Live, just implement a npc to trade the crafted bags to.

1. Tradesman (or any person) gives the special npc the bag.
2. NPC gives the person the correct bag token.
3. Sell the token through listsold.
4. Customer buys the token.
5. Customer gives the token to the npc, receiving the correct bag.

The coding for doing this could be emulated from the auction area of Live, just implement a npc to trade the crafted bags to.

1. Tradesman (or any person) gives the special npc the bag.
2. NPC gives the person the correct bag token.
3. Sell the token through listsold.
4. Customer buys the token.
5. Customer gives the token to the npc, receiving the correct bag.

This could work too I think. The difference in the considerations being mine would require slots in the spell db, yours would not. It really would come down I think to how many bags there were and such.

Probably the easiest way to do this would be to have the crafting produce a 1-charge item that summons the bag in question, and you trade the item, then buyer summons the bag.

There is a lot of good reasons that bags have tight restrictions on what you can do with them trade-wise.

Probably the easiest way to do this would be to have the crafting produce a 1-charge item that summons the bag in question, and you trade the item, then buyer summons the bag.

There is a lot of good reasons that bags have tight restrictions on what you can do with them trade-wise.

Trading no-drops?

This is a great idea. I agree that having a clicky "folded bag" or something would be a very good way to address the current inability to easily sell player made bags.

calling it a folded bag or folded satchel would give it a legit reason for being able to fit in another bag.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom