Council of Innovation faction quest question..(wisps)

Syalara

Dalayan Beginner
From the wiki.....

Nablet's Everburning Pedestal

blah blah blah...

You say, 'Do you have any guesses?'
Junior Researcher Nablet nods several times, 'Oh yes, yes I do. I think that the key to powering might be the essence of a wisp. The light carries certain spectral similarities with that which wisps emanate and... ahh nevermind. Just get me the essence of one of the greater wisps that inhabit the forest.'

Bring back <essences off the wisps> (need name, item info) to Nablet.

Ok here is the issue and question on this quest.
As soon as I got this quest I was able to track and kill about 5 of these buggers and the only loot was 2 lightstones that dont work for the hand in.
After that, no wisps.......for about 5 or 6 hours.

Are the wisps a day/night only mob? I did not pay attention to the time of day/night I found them initially though /smacks head
Is the lightstone supposed to work for the hand in or will they drop some kind of essence?

It seems kinda rough to have a rare drop off of a time restricted and rare mob (if it is time restricted)
Either way there are not enough wisps to go around imo and I hope it can be looked at.

Syalara said:
Is the lightstone supposed to work for the hand in or will they drop some kind of essence?

They drop some kind of essence. Looks like a lightstone though IIRC, so be careful if you arent looting what you think are lightstones. In regards to day/night, no idea. Wouldnt think so, but just dont know.

Thats good to know at least, thanks.
I did double check before I sold em to vendor though but at keast I know what to look for.

That is...assuming I ever see another wisp again.

They share a spawn with other mobs in the zone.

Edit: The other roamers that is. Shade prowlers, grizzlies, derelicts, etc.

Thanks for that info, I wasnt killing them before becuase I am ally to them but I will have my wizzie gank em to increase spawn chances.

Cheers

If you can cast (or have your wizard cast) Sense Elemental, you will find the wisps much easier.

Had no troubles today getting the essence for me and my alt after whacking a bunch of roamers.
Thanks again for the help guys.

*update*
I finished the main quest tonight on both my druid and wizzy and it was an awesome quest guys!!!

Thanks for all your hard work implementing it.

I have spent the last 2 weeks killing everything I can and I am getting the greater wisps to pop but there is either a lightstone or nothing on them and I have checked everyone.

It is rare, but its not that rare. Using a tracker is pretty vital in my experience.

Wisps are crazy rare.

But...
Wisps share placeholders with just about everything...
Wisps do not proxi aggro...
Everything else does...
There are guards in the zone...

oh i am using a druid to track them and kill those then everything else. is the 2 weeks of all the killing that is driving me bonkers...lol...that is why i came here. seemed like it was way to rare but i havent seen 1...

Wisps share placeholders with just about everything...

Wrong,they are on their very own spawn cycle,tested easily on the one wisp roaming near
Druid ring,it wont repop before 30 minutes no matter what you kill in the area.
Same with other mobs,robots repop as robots,animals as animals.
That said,I have 5 chars on CoI,never had a problem to get the greater wisp essence by just
hunting there in the high 30s/low 40s and repeatedly killing exactly this one wisp.

Wrong,they are on their very own spawn cycle,tested easily on the one wisp roaming near
Druid ring,it wont repop before 30 minutes no matter what you kill in the area.
Same with other mobs,robots repop as robots,animals as animals.
That said,I have 5 chars on CoI,never had a problem to get the greater wisp essence by just
hunting there in the high 30s/low 40s and repeatedly killing exactly this one wisp.

http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=26417

Probably that you have a tendency to post not accurate things in a dickish tone.

According to your post you killed a single spawn that had a 30 minute timer. Great. How does that disprove or discredit my advice? Not at all. Its like two ships passing in the night. No collision. No conflict.

Though you did put a seed of doubt in my mind so I did some super scientific testing:
1. Port over to Heartlands
2. Hit track: one wisp
3. Kill every single roamer I could find, excluding wisps.
4. Make a sandwich
5. Eat sandwich
6. Poop to make room for future sandwiches
7. Hit track: more than one wisp

I repeated this process twice and it went exactly the same. Thank god for a fiber rich diet. This means one of the following must be true:
- Someone knew my intentions and sniped the wisps before I zoned in just to fuck with me (and also did this every time in the past I've done this quest).
or
-You are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom