Could we make the two Ikisith gate items not require equipping?

Also the inverse of this: could we make it so that wizards and druids can trade in all the various non-ikisith gate items for spells that take them (and their group/raid, depending on what the clicky dose so far) to the same spot, just as they can do with the ikisith gate things?

I'll go one further, can it be made so that you can trade in any gate item for a 0 mana lvl 1 spell that anyone can cast with no fizzle chance? I have no idea if it's possible to actually use a spellbook/cast spells on a rogue or monk or whatever, but it would free up like 2-3 bags of inventory space and be pretty damn neat as well.

This thread is a rainbow from reasonable requests to not reasonable requests.

I'll talk to folks about the OP idea. I vaguely remember making them equip only as some sort of balance measure but to be honest in hindsight that just seems kind of dumb and arbitrary.

I have no idea if it's possible to actually use a spellbook/cast spells on a rogue or monk or whatever

Not in any proper, scribing-meming-casting, client-agreed way. And it certainly wouldn't be fair to discriminate as to which classes would be allowed to chuck their personal gate necks.

It could be done with /cm commands (we wouldn't even need to patch to implement something like that these days) but commands are generally frowned upon for gameplay-related functionality, which gatenecks kinda-sorta are (at least when used to flee like upper thaz port sometimes was; commands would probably give an advantage there, too, unless they had a premium on casting time or something).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom