Concerning strat posts to the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rari

Game Master
Strat posts are certainly allowed on the wiki. They should be well formatted, placed on the correct page. I've always encouraged people to post information over how-tos, such as what is found on the Adept pages, but that is a matter of style and well formatted strats are also perfectly acceptable.

However, with any new high-end content, it has always been our position that a certain grace period is appropriate before any guides, strats or quest walk-throughs should be posted on the wiki. This is out of respect for those guilds and individuals doing the content for the first time.

This has come up rarely in the past, but was usually handled in private. There have been no "rules" about this, but generally a 2 to 4 month grace period for static content and at least 2 cycles for recurring content (such as holiday quests) has been observed. As always, a developer may request that this grace period be waived. If you wish to write guides for brand new content, it is good form to contact the developer of that content.

I'm writing this now because I have been asked to purge records of the strats posted recently on the wiki about for this page and have removed them from public view. The names and change summaries are still visible and the revised text still exists and may be recovered in several months after active guilds at high levels have had time and opportunity to attempt the encounter.

As always, please do not post strats to the forums, this is certainly not the correct venue. Thanks to everyone who continues to contribute to the wiki and their understanding and respect of this simple request.

I cleaned up the other posts here as this was meant to be a canonical reference to the rules regarding strats on the wiki rather than a discussion regarding a single page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom