Competition for ladder content

Rarok

Dalayan Elder
I'd like to start the topic of ladder contested mobs. Currently the server has a lot of progression mobs taken out frequently by higher tier toons. I think just to make the end game raid situation for ladder characters a bit more fair, some thought should be put into separating ladder and normal raid content. Here are a few ideas on how to move forward:
  1. Leave it contested between everyone.
  2. Separate the 65 zones completely. Possibly have an NPC to hail to move into the alternate version
  3. If a normal character kills a mob, allow a ladder only version to spawn in its place. This is similar to the *quest mobs.
Unsure of what the effort will be for 2 and 3, and I am honestly unsure how annoying it will be for ladder characters to get the content they want vs higher tier toons. I just know coordinating 2-3 people boxing will be a lot easier and faster than getting 12-18 people together on tier.

I don't know the solution to this but I can agree its going to be awkward to find mobs you want up. I dunno how invested some people will be into their plans but I can easily see a number of issue mobs besides just common relic droppers. lol taeshlin. Then again maybe I am underestimating the progression guilds willingness to squat atop the watcher tower for that sweet ip key.

I was also thinking separating level 65 zones would be good to eliminate the assistance that is available. Sure, no direct assistance, but there is no way to eliminate clearing phs or possibly just killing things that should require a split or enchanter. I guess you could fill the ladder with punishments if people cross the line, but eliminating it would be the best.

If you do that, somewhere down the line when that fresh guy isn't on seasonal any more, he's gonna go even more irate when someone is poopsocking Parc etc. cause he hasn't the experience necessary to deal with such turds yet.

Back
Top Bottom