Command to display guild rank of a player

Wesell

Dalayan Elder
The in-game command /guildstatus prints leader, officer, or member depending on the guild rank of the player targeted. The problem is each guild has 6 ranks (0-5) not 3 so some information is lost. It would be helpful if this command could be tweaked to display the title assigned to their rank for the guild or the numeric rank.

Interesting way to bring in more Epeen competition

fun fact: in PR we like to find new creative ways of doing things, as such, when our ranking system was customized we made it so Applicants and Regular members outrank Raid Leaders.

Interesting way to bring in more Epeen competition

I guess this is some kind of joke or whatever, but it's not an epeen competition it just shows you what permissions a character has. If you play multiple characters (like lots of players on SoD) and you can't recall if the particular character you are playing was ever promoted to a specific rank there is no way to tell until you attempt to do something which you don't have permissions to do. At that point you could probably guess which rank your character is at, but it would be nice to be able to actually see the guild rank of your character.

Most people are just convinced that anything to do with ranking obvious means it has something to do with Epeen. Most people are also dumb. Nothing is out of the ordinary here.

ya it was, have you tried the /cmd guildstatus command? or /guildstatus or smthng

It will just say -Member, Officer, or Leader. So if you have a rank like Trial - it will show member. But if you have say Full member that can use MoTD (cannot invite people etc), it will show as officer.

ahhh, ok i see what you mean now. guess this is tied closely to what you set your ranks to when you formed the guild. the ranks we use clearly allow us to distinguish who can do what:

Raid Leader
Applicant
Phoenix (full members who get to slack at raids)
Recruiter
Officer
Guild Leader

Last edited:
What he is saying is regardless of what you name your ranks, when using the /guildstatus command, they do not display accurately.

What he is saying is regardless of what you name your ranks, when using the /guildstatus command, they do not display accurately.

eh? you mean i could target someone, type /cmd guidstatus and get OFFICER, when in fact its PEON?

stop confusing the russian with your english smartness :(

Let me just restate the issue that I'm requesting the change for: The only in-game command to see your guild rank is /guildstatus. This command displays one of three ranks (leader, officer, member). That's three ranks too few to even indicate which rank the character actually has because each guild has six ranks.

Just returning enough information to determine the actual guild rank of a character is all that is needed, but it would be cool if the titles your guild has setup could be returned.
Actual guild rank . . . . .Rank returned by /guildstatus
Rank 0leader
Rank 1officer
Rank 2officer
Rank 3member
Rank 4member
Rank 5member
If you do a /guildstatus and get "member" back it doesn't really tell you what you need to know if ranks 3-5 have some differences in permissions.

Last edited:
eh? you mean i could target someone, type /cmd guidstatus and get OFFICER, when in fact its PEON?

stop confusing the russian with your english smartness :(

Im saying this:

Raid Leader
Applicant
Phoenix (full members who get to slack at raids)
Recruiter
Officer
Guild Leader

or whatever fancy titles you have labeled the ranks as do not show at all when using /guildstatus, it shows as wesell has outlined above. Leader, officer, or member, despite whatever you named it.

man, looks like i need to start drinking again to kick-start my brain into being able to think and process information.

damn it thade, looks like you win this one

Back
Top Bottom