Combine Leather Gloves... no better or worse than their constituent parts?

Draven Raynzmajic

Dalayan Beginner
Hello.

I just did the turn-in to upgrade my Giant quested Ornate Stormwoven Leather Gloves to the Combine Leather Gloves. Suffice it to say, the combine leather gloves, at least for 2 out of the 3 classes that can use them, are a downgrade. Refer to screenshot to see what I mean.

It would seem to me that the Combine Leather Gloves should at least not lose two whole aspects of the required gloves to make them. Since they require an effective tier 6 force of characters to acquire the needed components, it seems like an amount of magic damage equal to or exceeding the Stormwoven gloves wouldn't be outrageous. So maybe something like 4 magic damage? Also, the Stormwoven have a DD cold damage proc. So something similar like this http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Spell:_Thunder_Strike at around 4% I feel would be pretty fitting.

stormwoven to combine.png

That's stupid. Not just because they are significantly worse for mnk/bst but also that they could barely even be considered an upgrade for Druids as well... 15 mana and range inc 4? That's a lot of effort and time to work towards combine gloves only to get dumped on. They even have less charisma...

Last edited:
At first I thought the suggested proc was pretty fair for the tier but then thinking about the stun I think it might be a little strong. Combine Leather Boots already proc Lash... Maybe just throw that on the gloves at the suggested rate along with some magic damage like OP suggested.

Last edited:
All of the ornate stuff got buffed a while ago and combine did not, hence ornate being basically better.

I imagine the rationale for buffing ornate but not combine is that if you imagine a guild of nonringers (ha) starting out on raid tiers the ornate will be pretty good at ~t4 when you get it and by the time you hit prison the effort to farm gems isn't worth the items even upgraded a bit. Not a great answer, but an understandable one.
It would be nice if combine could, at the very least, preserve or improve all the foci/ft/procs/etc... found on ornate so nobody has to experience a downgrade accidently.

Well after a brief but spirited OOC discussion about the Combine Leather Gloves it seems we have a nice solution on our hands thanks to Slaar.

So. I supposed this thread could be closed.

Outside of bp, legs, and back. By the time you can get combine armor, it is junk. Considering that the quests take a lot of effort, all the rewards should really be bumped...

But do we really want more competition from people trying to get gems for Combine legs/BP? I'm not facetious, I'm truly curious about people's opinions.

I think that if people were doing this on tier. By the time you're done farming prison, everyone could have a full suit of combine. Or if you want to look at it another way... if the combine armor was buffed to be tier appropriate, it would shorten new guilds time in the zone.

But do we really want more competition from people trying to get gems for Combine legs/BP? I'm not facetious, I'm truly curious about people's opinions.
I think this would be a good thing personally. Now, the farm isn't too bad because people only want BP/Legs and maybe back slot.

Back
Top Bottom