Coi aug upgrade

stral

Dalayan Elder
I ranked up from associate to senior with coi and went to turn in my Associate's badge, only to have it returned to me. Now when I hail about advancement however, I receive "I am Sorry, Senior Assistant. You have not yet earned the next rank. Seek out the various Council camps in the Storm Sea, here, or Thurgadin for work to do."

npc's name: Councilor Shar-el (I've tried this with the thurg coi camp with the same exact results)
Item's involved: Council Associate's Badge and the lack of Council Senior Assistant's Badge

Help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm afraid to further progress with the faction quests until this is dealt with. Thanks in advance.

You need to upgrade your badge every time you are eligible for an upgrade for most of the Councilors to handle it correctly. You should be able to skip straight from Council Associate's Badge to Council Senior Assistant's Badge by speaking to Ix in Underhill.

Went to Councillor IX (who apparently has an extra l in councilor lol) and if I hail about advancement I get "You must accept your current rank's badge before advancing another. To do that, you must give me the old badge you still carry."
This sounds like it would fix it, however handing in the aug still returns to me the associate's aug.

That extra bit was added to Councilor IX to resolve problems like yours, but it looks like the fix might have a bug in it. You're probably going to have to petition to get your augment replaced with the proper one for your rank.

I'm here because I petitioned. I was told to post about it here and the petition was killed. I <3 running in circles.
But yea, I'm petty sure the fact that it was a quest bug is exactly why I'm here. They tend to like to fix those, or at least attempt to.

Last edited:
Bleh. Sorry Neddorn. I didn't know there was a fix available for the quest when I told you to post on the forum. If I see your petition in game, I'll swap your aug out.

Back
Top Bottom