CMAL

Drotic

Dalayan Adventurer
Personally as a monk shaman duo, that I play now almost exclusively, I am not overly concerned by CMAL drops. The thing that always bugged me is that whenever I end up in CMAL (usually for some warrior buddy trying to camp his gloves ) most of the drops rot. There are 15 classes in the game and out of the max 6 are represented in the group and plus there bound to be repeat drops. What I am suggesting is make CMAL armor same kinda of quest armor like Giant/Dragon. Basically make some kind of tokens drop off trash in CMAL when turned in certain quantities plus the mold/pattern nets the armor reward. What do you think?

I like the way Cmal is. SoD needs flavor and this zone has it. If you want a certain item you damn well better spend some time in the zone.

I like this zone as well. I just feel sorry for all the warriors who do. I think thats the only class who camps this.

As I said I don't want any class armor from here for myself. From all the hours I've spent here I've got monk gloves to show for it which have clicky regen! Yay! Maybe its just my luck but we always get the drops for the classes not in the group heh. I've spent good 30ish hours in this place I'd say. I got 1 armor drop to show for it :) Even ornate armor doesn't take that long.

I'd love to see every class's clickies to be as useful (and camped) as the Warrior's but I just don't see it happening :/

I think the bard gloves are nice to have while soloing. If you want them, you just have to spend the time to camp the item.

Allielyn said:
I'd love to see every class's clickies to be as useful (and camped) as the Warrior's but I just don't see it happening :/

If ever someone had time, this seems like something that should really be done. If another topic should be made for it, than so be it, otherwise I would like to say that enchanter gloves(all i can speak for) having a lower level tash click, with a long cast time, on a spell that is sub-50 mana anyways and only .5 sec cast is just :psyduck: and I've heard that there are many others with useless clicks as well.

Yally said:
If ever someone had time, this seems like something that should really be done. If another topic should be made for it, than so be it, otherwise I would like to say that enchanter gloves(all i can speak for) having a lower level tash click, with a long cast time, on a spell that is sub-50 mana anyways and only .5 sec cast is just :psyduck: and I've heard that there are many others with useless clicks as well.

This is exactly the sort of thing this forum is for. Start posting suggestions for class' clickers.

Yally said:

/agree

Thinkmeats said:
This is exactly the sort of thing this forum is for. Start posting suggestions for class' clickers.

Anyone have a list? Some of them iirc have different clickies on 3 gloves, than 1 or 2 gloves.

dudes and dudets! Thats great that you are all joined the discussion but the original idea that armor instead of drops should be made into turn in still stands. rewamping clikies is another issue imo.

Drotic said:
dudes and dudets! Thats great that you are all joined the discussion but the original idea that armor instead of drops should be made into turn in still stands. rewamping clikies is another issue imo.
a quest turn in would make the items trivial or make seeing any armor at all drop even more rare.

I suggested an xp turn-in for unused armor akin to pohate/pofear to make dropped armor at least a little desireable, but tbh it's not nessisary.

Drotic said:
k how would it make it trival? Is getting combine armor trval?
Combine doesn't even equate to this situation

Stormforged/Dragonforged, yes
Ornate, not so much but way easier than farming a specific armor piece in cmal3

I mean, they could easily do some quest armor thing, but why would they make any one piece of armor more easy to get than previous? Scaling the drop rate of "cmal quest pieces" to the rarity of the current drops would, by definition of scaling, make them the same rarity as before.
Why do we need a new quest system when what you really want is an increase in the drop rate of any one piece of armor?

Drotic said:

This probably won't happen.

something that people usually farming this level of items are starting to hear more and more:
"Shrink your pet!"

so any possibilities of a clickie pet shrink on pet caster gear?

It's one less spell someone needs to sit down and mem everytime they zone, go LD/PL, etc.
It's useful, but not dps/function changing. So no balance needs to be checked before implemented.
Maybe even stick it on a piece that doesn't even have an effect atm, if everyone likes what the items have now. (I'd have traded the range3 for clickie shrink for sure back when I wore them. Most of the time I had the Range3 neck anyway.)

I mean, they could easily do some quest armor thing, but why would they make any one piece of armor more easy to get than previous? Scaling the drop rate of "cmal quest pieces" to the rarity of the current drops would, by definition of scaling, make them the same rarity as before.
Why do we need a new quest system when what you really want is an increase in the drop rate of any one piece of armor?

There are 15 classes in the game and out of the max 6 are represented in the group and plus there bound to be repeat drops.

So people can work on their armor roll for gem drops and slowly progress and be at the mercy of stupid ass RNG. Because to get the drop one first gotta lucky and be one of the class 6 out of 15 classes. Then you have to have armor piece drop so its not repeat. Making it a very slim chance that you would get what you actually need. I suggest this change because every group I went with to CMAL bitched and moaned because of the rot rate on armor for the classes who just aren't there / repeats while camping some pieces for themselves.

Drotic said:
So people can work on their armor roll for gem drops and slowly progress and be at the mercy of stupid ass RNG. Because to get the drop one first gotta lucky and be one of the class 6 out of 15 classes. Then you have to have armor piece drop so its not repeat. Making it a very slim chance that you would get what you actually need. I suggest this change because every group I went with to CMAL bitched and moaned because of the rot rate on armor for the classes who just aren't there / repeats while camping some pieces for themselves.
Doing this and making the drop rate quicker would not solve any issue of seeing armor rot, but make it not happen for the first 2% of your cmal career. Everyone will get their armor quicker than before, trivializing the camp and be stricken with seeing these pieces rot forever onward instead of seeing a piece occasionally not rot every once in a while.

This has nothing to do with 'seeing rots' and everything to do with getting what people want at a faster rate.

Doing this and making the drop rate quicker would not solve any issue of seeing armor rot, but make it not happen for the first 2% of your cmal career. Everyone will get their armor quicker than before, trivializing the camp and be stricken with seeing these pieces rot forever onward instead of seeing a piece occasionally not rot every once in a while.

Once again you bring up quicker drop rate and trivializing some camp... Personally no way the current monk drops will make me go back to cmal for anything other then some named killing fun. 30 hours to get gloves from cmal one and nothing from 3 seems a lil excessive to me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion maybe you like camping things and doing same stuff 100000 over and over again. I sure do not as many others who I have encountered.

Back
Top Bottom