CMal 3 Warrior Gloves

GuiardoTuneweaver

Staff Emeritus
With the proposed changes to warrior aggro in the Rangers, Beastlords, SKs, Paladins, Warriors: Tweaks and new stuff thread, specifically:

Foelock will now also trigger when pulling with spells (clickies) or ranged weapons

I would like to suggest returning the CMal 3 warrior gloves to have no recast, but change them to have a different spell without a significant aggro effect (a small DD, a much-reduced debuff, anything offensive really).

This would return these rare gloves to being a useful tagging tool as they once were, instead of the almost useless state they are in now (due to the long recast, and the massive resist rate). It would not return them to their must-have status for a warrior (which foe-lock was originally implemented to replace), as the same could be accomplished by equipping a bow and shooting the mob instead; the gloves would simply be more convenient.

There is currently a lack of fast-cast tagging tools available to warriors, and these could fill the gap nicely.

This is not a terrible idea, but there are definitely quick clickies out there available for warriors to tag with. Some of them do not even have to be equipped. The only reason that I think the change would be unnecessary is that a lot of classes CMal3 gloves are fairly useless, so a revamp of only one class would not make as much sense. I know the warrior gloves are a bit different than most of the gloves from there, since the used to be the primary aggro tool for them. The recast time on them could definitely be reduced, but I do not know by how much. I think the different options available to warriors now would make the change unnecessary, but that is just me. Even a nice bow might be useful as foelock also now works with them (or will).

The Gem Shards clicky and the Jet of Acid clicky (from the old Bloodletter beetle in DN) are both pretty good tagging tools for Warriors.

Mythryn said:
The Gem Shards clicky and the Jet of Acid clicky (from the old Bloodletter beetle in DN) are both pretty good tagging tools for Warriors.

I have both, and have found the cast times (which are longer than the gloves) are too slow to reliably use in close-quarter situations.

The only faster cast time item that I know (that's not beyond our current tier) is the Digested Hexdoll from Snowskin. It seems silly to have to level alts to farm an adept to equip a level 65/400+AA warrior.

I would agree that the gloves are pretty useless in their current state now but to be honest, I don't really believe that the gloves should be made into a must have item again. Not to mention that the fact you have to equip them to use them makes them pretty undesirable to use once you pick up better one. I will say that there are some really useful pulling tools out there though that have even quicker cast times, quick recasts and best of all usable from inventory just have to find them.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
The only faster cast time item that I know (that's not beyond our current tier) is the Digested Hexdoll from Snowskin. It seems silly to have to level alts to farm an adept to equip a level 65/400+AA warrior.

I agree with this.

volvov2 said:
edit2: Ever thought about using a bow to tag mobs? Quick and works just as effectively.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
It would not return them to their must-have status for a warrior (which foe-lock was originally implemented to replace), as the same could be accomplished by equipping a bow and shooting the mob instead; the gloves would simply be more convenient.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:

That is not the only quicker cast time item in the game by the way, but ya I would agree that if it were it would be pretty ridiculous.

There is also an ammo slot usable clicky DD with no recast that drops in the revamped area of Sorcs Lab.

Malleus said:
There is also an ammo slot usable clicky DD with no recast that drops in the revamped area of Sorcs Lab.

This item has a cast time of a little over 1 second.

Malleus said:

Oh awsome, havent been there since the revamp. Thanks much for the USEFUL information!

Malleus said:

Wich area has been revamped? I have been to the castle lately (2.5 weeks ago?), and haven't seen much changes.

There are a good amount of fair pulling items that are quick cast for a warrior. I dont think we need to bring the gloves back into prominence - they are still fairly good aggro on fights where your barely holding it.

The armor in general needs some incentive attached to it. It's probably the worst part of the zone at this point.

Waldoff said:
There are a good amount of fair pulling items that are quick cast for a warrior. I dont think we need to bring the gloves back into prominence - they are still fairly good aggro on fights where your barely holding it.

With about a 60-80 percent resist rate on trash (depending on the mobs), and much higher on raid mobs, they're pretty useless. They don't generate aggro if they don't land, and with the recast you get *1* chance per raid mob (and 1 chance for ever several trash mobs).

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
With about a 60-80 percent resist rate on trash (depending on the mobs), and much higher on raid mobs, they're pretty useless. They don't generate aggro if they don't land, and with the recast you get *1* chance per raid mob (and 1 chance for ever several trash mobs).

It sounds like a resist adjust should be added to the spell, perhaps, that way you could still only ever get 1 cast's worth of aggro on a mob, but it would be more likely to land.

Or maybe you're using the gloves past the point where you are supposed to, remember that the whole reason the gloves were nerfed in the first place was so that they wouldn't be an indispensable item, maybe you're supposed to "grow" out of them.

There are plenty of fast-cast clicky tagging items for a warrior. You guys just have to go out and find them.

Back
Top Bottom