Cleric - new heal idea

Drotic

Dalayan Adventurer
at the end game when people have heal increment + tomes cleric healing tank for 5k+ hp without critical is a bit too much and most of the times not necessary. For it to take a full advantage cleric would have to land a heal roughly when tank is at less than 50% hp which is iffy at best. A lot of cleric healing power is being wasted on over healing. Whereas druid and shaman with their lower heal mana cost can keep throwing those heals for longer. Also shamans with their low value heals are pretty much the only ones taking full advantage of critical heals on regular basis at this point.

It would be awesome if clerics could get a lower powered heal with good mana/hp ratio at end game to be able to keep healing better on raids and mainly in the xp group situation.

Clerics heal 2700/395 ratio 6.83
druids heal 2150/345 ratio 6.23
shaman heal 1650/285 ratio 5.79

Playing all three priest classes extensively it is very noticeable how much faster cleric runs out of mana compare to druid and shaman unless I start taking a lot of chances and start healing tank when he is really low 20-30% in xp setting.

What do you guys think?

Maybe more efficient with a slower casting time and lower heal amount? Something along those lines might be decent.

I don't want to add any more anecdotal evidence to this thread, so I will just say I don't find myself having any of the problems you stated. I think a new heal is unnecessary.

We already have an enormous advantage over druids/shamans (better group heal, single/group HoTs) and besides that shamans are kind of designed to not run out of mana, so I'd hope they outlast you anyways.

Last edited:
Completed tomes on a cleric big heal gives you a base of ~6300 nighttime.

You're basically complaining that 35% of the time the spell is a complete heal instead of a big heal. I don't want to sound mean, but if you're running out of mana quicker on a cleric, it's because you're doing it wrong.

If in some insane way it's a problem that druid and shaman heals are sometimes more efficient when critting than cleric heals are when critting, you're not even addressing what created the problem in the first place. Tomes affect heals but they don't affect total hp.

honestly thats one of the main reasons that druid healing is desireable on raids so if clerics got a heal in there it would really kinda be a kick in the face to druids.

you can always use a quick heal if your fully tomed and heal inc for the increase in effeciency.

Playing all three priest classes extensively it is very noticeable how much faster cleric runs out of mana compare to druid and shaman unless I start taking a lot of chances and start healing tank when he is really low 20-30% in xp setting.

Technically yes - due to the higher mana costs of spells and quicker cast times. Very strange complaint you have here though, I would have taken the whole 'clerics are overpowered nerf them' angle. There is a lot of content in this game that will never be touched without max geared clerics.

Rehn's daytime heal is about 6950 with 5 tomes heal inc 7 etc. I'm not going to start making up numbers here but I know that high tomes druids and shamans usually on a crit are overhealing/losing efficiency. It comes with the territory, if you heals are the biggest and best you lose the most efficiency at times. However when I duo with my SK who has 11K hp buffed I rarely lose efficiency unless I crit. You have to remember that there was a time on this server where all clerics did was chain complete heals and that was awful.

If you want to trade big heals for lesser amounts on your heals and more heal efficiency its an idea but it would drastically change the role of clerics as we know them (not again ughhh). You are painting this picture that druids and shamans would be more ideal for raid healing and I can say with confidence that is completely false. My official thoughts: continue nerfing bards, leave clerics alone, nerf paladins also.

Back
Top Bottom