Charm of the Transcendent

stever

Dalayan Elder
Been thinking about charms a bit and the upgrade paths of some of them. Tanks/healers/casters get a pretty nice linear path with a substantial enough upgrade to keep purchasing charms. Looking at the melee classes that are relatively reliant on weapon skill, the area that seems to be lacking is H2H.

Rangers get a nice upgrade path from this:
410298E7-F319-47B0-815D-8D8428B045F1.jpegTo this: 1456D414-2CA5-4E67-9717-CEF9E9D7999A.jpeg.

Rogues get a nice upgrade from this:
37C4555E-1EB1-41C5-90A3-C137B6418D8F.jpeg To this: 8F7EE625-7056-49F3-9897-23BCFB5D8D4A.jpeg

Monks/beastlords who rely quite on a bit on h2h don’t have this 70k option. They (monks more so) are stuck wearing this for quite awhile:
9ADB3925-CB90-46E1-A876-2A48D11E7316.jpeg

My suggestion is this:

Charm of the Transcendent (70k)
20ac
+15 H2H
+15dex
+15str
Truesight (worn)
1% crit strike
-1% aggression
All/all

This would be a nice alternative to wearing charm of the brute until a much higher charm level.

Thanks!

I think this is a good idea in general. I think having a 70k variant of a +H2H mod makes sense. What the exact stats on it should be are debateable, but that's up to the staff anyways.

Tanks/healers/casters get a pretty nice linear path with a substantial enough upgrade to keep purchasing charms.

Tank progress also seems bad, it's like Charm of the Guardian then Charm of the Barrier.

You also forgot about Bards, who use Charm of Balance and then Charm of the Barrier I guess but it's pretty meh.

They could update the charm system over adding new charms for each class.

• Add a new Charm slot to all charms type 9 or something
  • Add a +15 Hand to Hand, Archery, Backstab, as well as others that sells for ~7k
  • Remove:
    • Charm of the Eagle Eye
    • Charm of the Brute
    • Charm of the Assassin
  • Remove current skill mods from:
    • Charm of the Nemesis
    • Trueshot Charm

Also, make Charm of the Barrier able to use in PoHate

Last edited:
bump, I just suggested this in the server discord. Really painful for monks to sit on Brute until they can get Juggo. 70k as proposed here would smooth charm progression for leather dps as the ranger/rogue options smooth progression for chain dps.

An al a carte system for charms would be wonderful (like thurg armor/augs or razadian augs but able to be returned for credit), as making smaller incremental changes toward Supreme would feel better than that of larger incremental plat jumps. That said, it would be a monumental effort over just adding another charm or two.

Kedrins idea makes the most sense however, just add another charm aug type just for weapon skills, remove the excess charms, and add baseline ones that fill in the gaps. This would allow better variety without requiring devs to craft new charms to suit X class.

Back
Top Bottom