Centaur Hills - Poacher Quest?

Grabacr428

Dalayan Beginner
Warden Tarval in Centaur Hills: there seems to be a lot of information about quests between this NPC and the Centaur tribe; however, when I spoke to him, he offered me two seemingly newbish quests, one of which involved feeding wild animals in the Badlands, the other of which involved killing poachers and turning in their signet rings. I am wondering if anyone knows anything about the poacher quest (where they are found, what level they are, does this raise your standing within Surefall, etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I may or may not have forgotten or remembered to make the rings and put them on the bandits... this will be fixed next patch.

Thanks. The dialogue didn't give any indication of where the bandits were, and I was unable to find them in the Centaur Hills zone... are they supposed to be in the Badlands?

Well that makes sense that I have not found any rings. We killed all kinds of poachers in the badlands. I even am now in Mistwoods kiling badits there trying to get drops. Only found the money bags for that faction quest. When exactly is the next patch? If you know by chance. I have been wanting to get the bow for my warrior and only way to get that quest is to up the faction. I was able to turn in the sashes to the centaurs and get a friendship ring. But Tarval won't take it from me at all. Which I seem to find odd. If you were able to get it from the Centaurs at dubious, why not get the bow and turn in the friendship ring at dubios? Thanks in advance.

My daughter ran across this quest recently on one of her chars. I had never seen it before, but thought Tarval meant the stolen rings found on the bandits. However, Tarval wouldn't take them so I just forgot about it.

Yeah, I ran into this quest a week ago and have been trying to work on a wiki for it. The fact that I couldn't find any rings was holding me up. Thanks for asking this question Grabacr428.

This is the page I've started for that quest. please fill in pertinent info as you find it. I've titled it Warden Tarval Poacher Ring Bounty Quest.

Last edited:
I found some Poacher's Signet Rings from "a brigand"s in West Badlands. Is this the signet ring we're talking about for this quest?

If no one knows, I'll try to see for myself tomorrow or so.

Last edited:
Quest works, but is a bit buggy.

1. When you hand in the ring, Warden Tarval says, 'tst' which doesn't seem to have a purpose. You are then awarded your xp, you recieve your faction adjustments, and then Warden Tarval gives a line of text that seems appropriate and intentional. All of this is recorded in the wiki as the game gives it, so you can review the details there if you like.

2. This is a more important bug. If you were to kill 2 bandits, and each dropped a ring, after looting the second one if you check your inventory, there will only be one ring there. The rings do not stack, nor are they flagged LORE ITEM. All rings looted after you already have one in your inventory simply poof.

heh tst sounds like me making him say test but failing. I'll fix that. I have an idea on why they aren't stacking that I'll look into.

I have an idea on why they aren't stacking that I'll look into.

Almost 6 months later, rings still don't stack, or at least dont show any number at all if they are stacking. I heard Cyzaine isn't really deving anymore for SoD, could someone else look into this please?

Edit: Someone fixed this, thank you to whomever it was, rings stack fine now. :D

Last edited:
I went to turn in a stack of rings today, first time I've tried to hand in more than one, and Tarval took one off the stack, and handed 19 back to me. Confused, I checked the dialog again, and it seemed that he wanted more than 1, so I handed the 19 to him again. He took one and handed 18 back. So I kept handing the stack to him over and over, each time he would take 1 and hand the rest back. I also tried handing 4 to him unstacked, no dice, he took one, handed the other 3 back.

This is really a minor issue, I'm just glad the quest works and the items stack, but if this was not intended then I ask that someone please look into it when time permits. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom