Celestrial well

Anti Eh

Dalayan Elder
I was thinking about ways to make Celestrial wells worth the buffslot it eats.
Atm in raids everyone has so many clickies and proc buffs that having an extra buff slot for this spell is rare.
Most of the time you get hate tells in vent for using this spell on raids.

I was curious if maybe we could add a small spell reduction to the Healing Waters buff.
Thinking like 5% spell reduction would actually make it worth while for peeps to make buff room for it.

any thoughts?

I like this idea.

Its a pretty disappointing spell for a runic 2, with very limited and situational use (and its niche is like soloing, or powerleveling an alt...)

Spell Ward would be cool.

Could also make it like 1500 mana, 5 sec cast, heals 10,000 a tic for 5 tics with a 1-5min recast.

Those numbers are probably off, but basically a group-only COTB, but high mana cost making it only efficient in in super AE-intensive situations.

Maybe/probably too good, but just an idea. Could scale that down a lot to just make it a super GHoT for a short duration.

I would like to see it just made into a regular self pet similar to wizard familiar that healed group members, or mimiced heals, something along those lines

I like the pet idea, kind of like that spirit wolf pet that heals from Red Sun Mines.

Lil mini healing gruplok or something?

or if you don't want to give clerics more healing power, make it summon a swarm of hammers like bst runic 1. or an upgraded divine rage. or an upgraded hammer pet. or an upgraded fatebind.

or if you don't want to give clerics more healing power, make it summon a swarm of hammers like bst runic 1. or an upgraded divine rage. or an upgraded hammer pet. or an upgraded fatebind.

All of these sounds wonderful!!

I think a pet that could shield or protect the mobs target (the tank) or perhaps even the raid from ae's would be cool. Maybe the pet could proc something like vex, dampening, or somehow reduce the melee damage that is being done to the tank.

I never understood why it doesn't just pulse a heal every 6 seconds instead of actually being a HoT.

make it summon a familiar on targetted ally, that pulses a rune (300 dmg?) on them every tick, or makes them proc a rune on themselves. possible song window?

or a self buff that gives the cleric a chance to proc a hammer swarm pet that lasts one melee round then suicides (similar to mistwalker on live). or summon a hammer swarm pet that lasts X seconds, possible to have multiples out at once. the hammer pet could proc a small group heal, or proc a target of target heal (zealots strike)

or make it summon a stationary pet like it does now, but it can be hailed to provide an instant heal to the hailer, with X charges. (think WoW lightwell)

Last edited:
make it a debuff that you cast on the mob (essentially upgraded fatebind, does not stack) -AC, -resists, -stats, dot & mana drain, and makes the mob fumble sometimes (vex itself), and gives allies a 3% increased chance to melee or spell crit against it. or, could instead make it heal allies who hit or cast on the debuffed mob, effectively combining deific brand with fatebind to create an uber curse

more ambitiously, it could be split up into 2 spells: "good" clerics get one spell, and "evil" aligned clerics get another. the good spell can be a buff, healing pet, etc, any of the supportive ideas posted above, while evil clerics get the curse/debuff, or a melee proc, whatever.

or it could be a channelled debuff/drain - after casting the spell, you cannot move or cast without breaking the spell. while active, the target deals reduced damage by X percent, and the cleric regenerates mana at X rate.

or, make it a buff that has a "pool" of healing. lets say its a 0.5 sec cast self buff that starts with a pool of 20,000. every tick it checks the group and heals anyone who is under 50% using the pool points, up to 75%. buff expires once it runs out of points. ~10 min cooldown (basically once per fight auto group heal/hp normalizer)

Last edited:
I was trying to think of how to give clerics a cool niche spell that isnt more of the same...

Curse of the Bloodlust:

Single target, 0 mana, 1 sec cast, 10min recast, places a detrimental spell that cannot be removed on target player. They take splurt damage over time (1000*tic# = 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000...) and gain 500mana/tic, mass sta/tic, and 50% spell damage and 700ATK. (numbers need change, idk how much atk = % spell damage)

Probably not viable, but a fun idea I think. Basically, the cleric can curse a target player, which guarantees they die, but allows them to do bonus damage for a limited time while they remain alive. Pretty much only viable during those oh-shit max-burn situations at the very end of a hard fight. (its also just funny/fun to just kill players)

a self buff that allows you to proc a 3 tick buff that gives your next spell 50% spell haste. this may work better as a tome

---

reminds me of another off-topic idea i had: a priest (clr/dru/shm) archetype tome where you can pick one class of magic that you will no longer fizzle while casting, or maybe just have a reduced fizzle chance. alteration/divination/etc.

Last edited:
make cleric runic 2 group DB that cant be cast in combat. this would relieve some of the cleric downtime as well as reward veteran clerics from all those years of having to db. This also wouldnt influence a clerics power towards healing. also the clerics complaining in one thread about db and another thread about useless runic2 are greedy and arrogant to ask for more power and may god have mercy on your soul.

who ever suggested that i was trolling in my last post i was not... cleric downtime is absurd in raiding and about half of our time waiting is on clerics who had to db the groups again.

I was trying to think of how to give clerics a cool niche spell that isnt more of the same...

Curse of the Bloodlust:

Single target, 0 mana, 1 sec cast, 10min recast, places a detrimental spell that cannot be removed on target player. They take splurt damage over time (1000*tic# = 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000...) and gain 500mana/tic, mass sta/tic, and 50% spell damage and 700ATK. (numbers need change, idk how much atk = % spell damage)

Probably not viable, but a fun idea I think. Basically, the cleric can curse a target player, which guarantees they die, but allows them to do bonus damage for a limited time while they remain alive. Pretty much only viable during those oh-shit max-burn situations at the very end of a hard fight. (its also just funny/fun to just kill players)

hey random pet class heard you had cool weapons.... now die....

Back
Top Bottom