Caster Chest Slots

robopirateninja

Staff Emeritus
Intelligence casters are arguably the most powerful magic wielders in Dalaya. Enchanters can enslave the minds of powerful demons or monsters, Necromancers can tear souls from the realm of the dead to animate corpses, Wizards channel fucking comets of ice out of the sky, and Mages can control and shape the elements themselves to do their bidding.

And until now, we've done it all in dresses.

It's a purely cosmetic request, but in future itemization could some INT cater chest pieces NOT be robes? Robes are nearly indistinguishable from each other besides color, and when you're wearing one you can't really see any of the other visible armor slots either. I think a little more variety in graphics for caster chests would be a welcome addition.

I agree, it's kinda lame to be honest. If your raiding tier XX your wearing this blue robe, as soon as you move up a tier or two, your robe changes colors, but thats it. It stinks, more individuality among casters is always cool.

Problem with this is that there isn't many chest peices that pure caster races can ware what have graphics to them. i mean i supose u can put some leather,chain,plate looking graphics and call it cloth but only thing that looks half decent is leather on a purecaster

but am not agisnt the idea i always wanted more styles when it came to casters even on livei mean why the hell do we need to have FULL robes anyways? why not half robes or sexxy sringed robes?. (of corse none of that can be done here in sod but still makes ya think ya know?

Problem with this is that there isn't many chest peices that pure caster races can ware what have graphics to them. i mean i supose u can put some leather,chain,plate looking graphics and call it cloth but only thing that looks half decent is leather on a purecaster

Not true...

Maybe some quested robes can be taken to said NPC to be turned in for an identical item with a different "look" ? turn in Robe to get Leather chest, turn in Leather chest to get chainmail chest, turn in chainmail to get plate and turn in plate to get robe? Maybe for a future ongoing quest that casters can do from level 1 to 65, both starting solo and moving on to a raid effort eventually. just an idea. I wouldn't mind having someleather or plate looks now and then.

Maybe some quested robes can be taken to said NPC to be turned in for an identical item with a different "look" ? turn in Robe to get Leather chest, turn in Leather chest to get chainmail chest, turn in chainmail to get plate and turn in plate to get robe? Maybe for a future ongoing quest that casters can do from level 1 to 65, both starting solo and moving on to a raid effort eventually. just an idea. I wouldn't mind having someleather or plate looks now and then.

wouldn't this require to make duplicate items with with slightly different names and thus increasing the Global file size?

no, this would be the easiest and quickest solution requiring minimal to zero code writing save for turn in scripts... The item names can be identical, the item ID # would be different, but we don't see that as a player.

Back
Top Bottom