Call of the Ancient

Sorric

Dalayan Beginner
I recently looted an item called Call of the Ancient from the Overgrowth. Its listed as Secondary with a Wind Instrument mod, but it is currently a 2 handed version. Could this be looked into and possibly changed to a 1 handed weapon?

It also doesn't seem to have a graphic when equipped, nothing huge but a graphic would be nice.

Thanks.

Below I added the stats off the item:

Call of the Ancient
Slot: Secondary
Wind Instruments
AC: 5
Skill Mod: Conjuration +4
Effect Cloud of Spores (Must Equip. Casting Time 5.0)
Str +20 Sta +12 Cha +25 Wis +15 Int +15 HP +155 Mana +175
Flowing Thought +1
Reccomended level of 65
Classes: CLR DRU BRD SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Races ALL

Also my 2 cents, but having a flute from a guy thats moderatly a joke to kill drop the same wind mod as the tier 9 dude from yclist is kinda like what the fuck? Thats so far away from streamlined itemization with instrument mods that it should be tweaked a bit to be more in line.

Examples of wind mods before this
Skinned hide flute @ 2.5 from bq
Flute from prophets @ 2.5
That tier 3 guy that drops a 2.5 one also

Considering the level of difficulty should probably rest between the 2.5 and 3.0 mark.

Last edited:
I am not sure I would consider this mob "moderatly a joke". We had a solid group of tier 11 and 12 people and depending on luck it went not horrible to fairly hard. It would be nice to have another option with a decent wind mod on it for those who may have missed the yclist one. I highly doubt anyone would be able to manage this mob prior to yclist, but that said if it does need to be lowered I would hope it stays at 2.8 or above.

Its been nearly a year since I first posted this, and it seems the mod on the flute was lowered to a 2.8 and the click was changed yet it is still a 2 handed flute. I am not going to complain about a "nerf" as its current state is probably about right, I would however like to request again that it be changed so you can equip it in your off hand and not have to take your primary weapon out as well.

Thanks

After having someone look into a little more detail on this it seems as if this item is classified as a Wind Instrument and other bard flutes like Piccolo of Petrified Winds are items with a wind modifier on them.

I am not sure if this will fix the problem, but if someone could look into it and help figure out why this can't be equipped in an off hand while holding a weapon in your primary hand I would appreciate it.

I can look into this. I think it was originally meant to be something very different than what it is. Will report back.

Necropostin, this item is still considered a two hander and it'd be nice if it got fixed. Realize y'all are swamped right now but still annoying from a swapping standpoint.

Back
Top Bottom