Bugged character needs flag for Gemstone of the Seeker quest.

hooden

Dalayan Beginner
Sych got his blessed dirt from the Druid, then handed it to the clockwork behemoth. He took the dirt just fine, but right now he won't ask for the password, and if I give him the codex it tells me now is not the right time. Right now, he just hands anything back and says nothing when I hail or say "Actevu Prot".

A GM tried to help by giving me new dirt, but that did not work (handed it back). Having done the quest on another character, we tried to see if a summoned Rusted Clockwork Device would work when given to Gavin (he gives it back and still requests to find out the corruption in the Heartlands). Both the GM-summoned dirt and trinket were destroyed once we figured out they would help the quest advance.

With all that said, I think it is evident that Sych needs to be flagged of some sort so that he can talk to the Behemoth.

Thanks!

This may not be your problem, but I had the same issue when I reached that point of the quest, and after a bit of searching and talking to folks, I learned that you quite literally have to be standing right underneath the behemoth, as his dialoge range is very small. Try standing underneath it and saying the "magic words".

Ok, well I tried to go back and I basically ran around for 5minutes with a spam Hail hotkey. I actually had him reply twice with incorrect phrase or something. So I'm talking to a guildmate and I tell him my sad sad story and he says "gnomes." Well, he is a gnome as well so he is as much a bane as myself. But he had a good point nonetheless. So at first I thought an illusion might help, but then I decided to jump. Bingo!

I ended up finishing the quest part by editting a hot key many times with his talk phrases and spamming it while I jumped. It worked, so I guess his problem is with his vertical axis or something...

:toot:

Ha ha! That has got the be the first time I have ever heard of someone being too short to be in dialoge range. I never thought of that... being a barbarian and all. Glad to hear you were successful.

Gnomes still have to jump to talk to this mob.. I just completed it tonight jumping to say everything.

Back
Top Bottom