Bane DMG Nature: 2
Effect: Affinity (Melee Proc, 9%)
STR: +20 DEX: +20 CHA: +20 WIS: +20 HP: +220 MANA: +220
SV DISEASE: +15 SV MAGIC: +20
Recommended level of 65.
WT: 10.0 Size: Giant
Class: BST
Race: ALL

Requesting for this to be changed to a h2h weapon.
Reason:
1. High Seeker aug is +h2h mod (using this reasoning any weapon tagged as bst only should be h2h no matter what!)
2. Change Companion Str VIII to Conjuration. (by the time you get this you would of already gotten the Comp Str VIII spires bracer, sorrow back, thaz fire ear, redundancy of skill mod)
3. Just because I said so. (!!!???!!!???)

Changing a bad item that never gets used into a new version that is also bad and would never be used seems like a waste of time.

I would use the new fist if it was made exactly into the way I posted it. At least that would be 1 using an item vs an item that's never gonna be used. An according to the guy above its bad item turning into a bad item so might as well make the change to make 1 of your player base happy. :p

I could see using it in some scenarios where you need as much hp as possible but otherwise bare fists will do a lot more damage with Silence, even with only 15 HtH.

spear still better.... also over haste proc for a pet with over haste 100% of the time from aa is silly( unless they stack, ones a slot 10 and ones a slot 11)... the wep as a whole is silly, need a proc that causes pet to do something special, like frenzy a round or cast a DD. I do like the 1 hander idea tho and h2h.

Why? Even with only +15 H2H, your bare fists with Silence would easily do more dps.

That's from a monk perspective. Sure that would be an overall dps increase to you yourself. But that change I want to the fist is a increase to mines and my pets dps. If you were a beastlord then you would be following beastlord talks. There's also the talk that may or may not happen where Spirit Steed the overhaste for pets would be change to something else. Then the overhaste would make since as well. So unless you can parse a +10 conjuration increase to pet and dot dmg, coupled with overhaste and the extra dmg that will be added to bst pets when Spirit Steed is changed and compare it to the +15 H2H with Silence, then lets stop mentioning that.

Okay I missed the added +10 conjuration that you want added, that would make it close. But I have a beastlord that I've raided up through mid tiers with, and played top 5 beastlords for high end 6man and raid content. I know how the class works and I know the numbers they and their pets put out. A 10% overhaste with limited uptime on a pet that already has Sha's, Spirit Speed, Collar and does ~250 dps at best, is very negligible.

The Spirit Speed changes you mention are from a Balancing thread that's a year and a half old. So making suggestions based on that might not be the greatest idea.

That's from a monk perspective. Sure that would be an overall dps increase to you yourself. But that change I want to the fist is a increase to mines and my pets dps. If you were a beastlord then you would be following beastlord talks. There's also the talk that may or may not happen where Spirit Steed the overhaste for pets would be change to something else. Then the overhaste would make since as well. So unless you can parse a +10 conjuration increase to pet and dot dmg, coupled with overhaste and the extra dmg that will be added to bst pets when Spirit Steed is changed and compare it to the +15 H2H with Silence, then lets stop mentioning that.

i can do that

I always thought this weapon was a cool idea, the problem is just that a bit of overhaste on a pet that is lackluster to begin with just doesnt add much. I never understood why the runic 2 pet was such a small upgrade, given BST dps is hurting to begin with.

Make the proc give the pet something cool, that actually adds substantial dps. This weapon really should be good IMO given its class-specific, but of all the under tiered BSTs I've geared in Turuj, none has really wanted or benefited from this thing.

honestly, i like the weapon how it is except for the proc. For a T11/12 weapon it should have a damage output component in it as well. Maybe change affinity from a pet heal to a 2 or 3 tick pet duration tap + its 10% overhaste. like 200/tick or the like.

An idea I just thought of that I think would work really well here: Make the proc add a 100% proc rate Siphon Life to the pet.

I think a pet hits about 1 time per second? This means in the average 15 second duration of this buff, a pet would do ~1000 damage in procs. HOWEVER repeat procs within that time would add less damage, since the pet already has the buff. I think everyone with a proc weapon knows how sporadic procs can be, you get 3 in a row, and then none for a minute. I think this would then average out to maybe ~700 damage per proc, which is not unreasonable for a weapon at this tier. The added benefit is these procs would help keep the pet alive, which is a real concern at high tiers.

I would even consider the next level up of lifetap if it remains a 2hander, since the proc is actually not too common.

Good things about this:
Lore is in line with the weapon, Beastlord buffs their warder, allowing it to do more damage
Also helps the warder stay alive, which could be a reason in and of itself to use this weapon for certain fights
Even if it had 100% uptime, it would only add ~73dps, reality would be more like 30-40, which is normal for a high tier weapon proc.

honestly of all the pet classes beastlords have the least trouble keeping a pet alive... they heal thier pet like they are a shaman... would like to see some actual utility brought about by the proc if we cant get dps from it...

Can this change be made possible?
Or can the bst seeker aug be made to conjuration instead of h2h?
1. There is no good end tier fist weapon.
2. Bsts have shitty defensive abilities which makes us not want to go barefist.
3. Even if we were to go barefist, we have what is known as hybrid buff slot problem which doesnt leave room for maximizing str/dex.

Back
Top Bottom