bring back bind sight!

Finkk

Dalayan Adventurer
Bind sight was such a fun spell. What reasons would there be to not bring it back? SoD has implemented so many features that make life so much easier and funner. Why not bind sight?

I am in total support of this.
I love bind sight.

As a rogue, Id love for people to be able to bind sight on me, so i can show them cool stuff.

A while back, or maybe even currently still, Jinx/Vex when casted on a player PVP would bind sight them.
So at least... its possible ... somehow. to have the effect occur.

iaeolan said:
because you can easily scout mobs w/o track or sneak

might be a reason, idk

This makes sense, way back in the day (which was a Wednesday) I used to do this on live with my Ranger in Mistmoore. I called it "Mind Hopping". It - used to be - possible to bind sight a mob, go into third person camera, target another mob, bind sight, and repeat the process. I could easily scout a significant portion of the zone from a nice safe spot.

I believe this was since fixed, on live, since the timeframe I remember this working was like 1999 - 2000.

Rouhbius said:
This makes sense, way back in the day (which was a Wednesday) I used to do this on live with my Ranger in Mistmoore. I called it "Mind Hopping". It - used to be - possible to bind sight a mob, go into third person camera, target another mob, bind sight, and repeat the process. I could easily scout a significant portion of the zone from a nice safe spot.

I believe this was since fixed, on live, since the timeframe I remember this working was like 1999 - 2000.

It sure worked during Velious!!

I scouted UDB in seb for bard epic w/ a corpse at the spawn point and bind sight at the zone in

I'm glad this post is getting so much attention!

Wiz has made so many changes that make the game more enjoyable (no corpse runs, no losing xp on death, a main quest, etc etc etc) and I just think this would be another one of those fun changes.

There's very few occasions where I, as a ranger, can't invis/sneak/track something that interests me but it was kind of fun to bind sight to a pather and just watch where he goes. I can sort of understand why you wouldn't want to reinstate bind sight but I don't think making life for players harder is what SoD is all about. It's just one of those spells that was flat out cool. :)

I'm not familiar with bind sight from live, but I don't see how it would be overpowering if it had like a 15 reset time. That way it would take forever to chain bind sight a whole zone to prevent people from scouting.

I really don't feel like having other players be able to scout in this way would be unfair or overpowering at all. I'm playing a druid and I wouldn't be offended in the least. It'd be a fun spell that required time and effort to use for scouting. Also, you run the risk of your character being attacked while your scouting, if you're not careful. What's so wrong in this? If you're after anything important, you'd likely have a tracker with you anyway.

No reason at all to make it able to scout.
It worked that way on live because it had literally like a range of 10,000.

Make it something reasonable (range 200) to cast, and let your buddies run around to their hearts content.

Alton said:
No reason at all to make it able to scout.
It worked that way on live because it had literally like a range of 10,000.

Make it something reasonable (range 200) to cast, and let your buddies run around to their hearts content.
Agreed, thats what I wanted to add.
If you have to be in the group to cast on someone, and within a range of 200, it doesn't seem troublesome.
If you don't make this "group only" though, you have the risk of griefing and leeching strats...

Back
Top Bottom