BP thoughts

Thuug

Dalayan Adventurer
Probably not worth anyone's time but I feel like bp proc rates need to be looked at, mostly older bps. The big example I keep thinking about specifically is

Arubboth, Confine of the Soul

[MAGIC] [LORE] [NO DROP]
Slot: CHEST
AC: 110
Effect: Drain Soul (Reactive Proc, 0.5%)
Skill Mod: Meditate +10
STR: +25 STA: +45 AGI: +25 DEX: +30 WIS: +22 INT: +22 CHA: +30 HP: +285 MANA: +245
SV MAGIC: +35 SV COLD: +20 SV DISEASE: +20
Flowing Thought: +2
Damage Reduction: +10
Mind Shield: +10%
Stun Resist: +10%
WT: 20.0 Size: LARGE
Class: WAR CLR PAL SHD BRD
Race: ALL
Slot 1 type 2: empty

This drops off a t12 mob in sanctum, that at least requires 18 people on tier to be decent, and involves a fairly long clear to even get to.

Compare that to:

Enduring Cuirasss
[MAGIC] [LORE] [NO DROP]
AC: 34 (64)
Focus Effect: Mana Conservation V
Effect: Drain Soul (Reactive Proc, 0.5%)
STR: +6 (11) STA: +6 (11) AGI: +6 (11) WIS: +10 (19) INT: +10 (19) CHA: +6 (11) HP: +65 (123) MANA: +65 (123)
SV MAGIC: +6 (11) SV FIRE: +6 (11) SV COLD: +6 (11)
Flowing Thought: +1
Aggression: +2%
Stun Resist: +1%
Recommended level of 57.
WT: 1.0 Size: GIANT
Class: WAR CLR PAL SHD BRD

which drops off of minis in Requiem of Hate, a 6 man zone designed for fresh 60-65ish toons. Fighting through 12 tiers of raid content to get ....the same bp is a bit of a let down. No one I have ever heard has suggested this is overpowered with that proc...or even POWERED with that proc.

Note the exact same proc and proc rate between those two, now compare this to:

Armorer's Breastplate
[MAGIC] [LORE] [NO DROP]
AC: 110
Focus Effect: Healing Increment VIII
Bane DMG Construct/Clockwork: 12
Effect: Greater Circle of Healing (Reactive Proc, 1.4%)
STR: +15 STA: +45 AGI: +25 DEX: +20 WIS: +25 INT: +25 CHA: +25 HP: +245 MANA: +230
SV MAGIC: +5 SV FIRE: +20 SV COLD: +15
Flowing Thought: +3
Damage Reduction: +3
Recommended level of 65.
WT: 12.0 Size: LARGE
Class: WAR CLR PAL SHD DRU BRD SHM

I think it is fair to say this bp is roughly on tier with Custo bp, the stats are similar, and from a 12 man dungeon that requires a similar amount of gear and at least some skill, though the clear is negligible compared to Sanctum. I think it being a 12 man, one could argue its easier. That being said it has TRIPLE the proc rate of Arubboth, and a group heal with the roughly the same base amount as the lifetap on Arubboth, though I think the heal scales higher now due to the recent patch. (also of note, the spell parser lists Drain Soul as a 44pt lifetap). https://spells.shardsofdalaya.com/s...axmana=&levelmin=&levelmax=&commit=Search&s=t

I'm not arguing for the Armorer's bp to be nerfed. I think the increase in bp proc rates from the less than 1% range to a higher amount in general is great. If one gets a cool bp reactive, I want to see it actually go off and do something visible on my screen and make one feel like they got an actual increase in power. We as players all want to see the pretty lights go off. My suggestion however would be to increase the proc rate to be, at least on par with the BPs out of bloodstorm and the ones made after (which mostly seem to have proc rates in this new, much higher rate, and or change the proc itself to something that is higher powered due to it being self only instead of a group heal. I feel like this would actually offer an interesting choice for tanks, self heal maybe for a bit more, or group heal to help out everyone. Some bps have a lower proc rate to account for a very good effect, but this certainly isn't one of them.

The specifics being dealt with, in more general terms, BPs have historically had a pretty low proc rate across the board and, at least at higher tiers the general choice is down to either 4.3 robe or armorer's bp then Silent Halls BPs' as far as I can tell (with an outlier or two). At lower tiers the procs and largely the proc rates just don't matter enough and I'd like to see that change. As I said, Id like to see more pretty lights, and not suddenly make some bp the new 'best' choice for tanking, but make more 'feel awesome' stuff for people to get.

bps in this game have been massively unbalanced for years and carried by inflated stats or overtuned procs. good luck getting the problem solved at its core but i dont see much coming from this thread other than armorer bp getting nerfed.

Back
Top Bottom