Blood Donation

kestrall

Dalayan Adventurer
I have my 1 gallon pin from the red cross if I can find it lol.

Or how about I screenshot all the spam emails I get from the red cross and pacific northwest bloodmobile asking for donations?

But on a serious note, I think its way cool of you to do this. I honestly hate needles and have to be reclined because I passed out 2 donations ago (shock), but I figure the extra addrenaline in my blood has to be a good thing, right?

FcSKHzV.jpg

I've got one of the more useful/rare bloodtypes so I've been donating every ~2 months for a long while now. This is my latest donation. I was actually scheduled to donate again 1 week ago, but got a cold.

Is there a particular reason for this blood drive Slaar?

blood drives are part of a global conspiracy by Dracula and his night slaves -master shake-

Lucky you guys, I want to give blood but banned for life from donating to Red Cross / Military. Curse you living in England during the mad cow scare! Will it count if I donate plasma instead?

Last edited:
I did this pretty hastily let me be clear:

Post proof of donation taking place between August 30, 2014 and November 30, 2014 (the official Red Cross three month window including the month of November) and I will hook you up thanks!

So this is officially a November Blood Drive but I don't want to exclude people who are ineligible because they just gave! Ok!

Ok. Donated today. Wasnt sure if I would be able to as tue and wed are my days off, but they were running a donation drive down at our "mall" so I went down and donated. So here is a pic of my donation sheet and half finshed craberry juice coctail ;)

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 9
I donated a little while back at a Red Cross drive for SuperSam Santhuff (RIP) and also got added to the Bone Marrow registry to help fight blood cancers, Don't have my paperwork anymore but I sure am getting the spam mails from Red Cross now.

My tattooed brethren, if your state regulates tattoo parlors, you can still donate. I donated 3 months after my last ones. I asked the guy at the Blood Wagon and he asked if I received it in my state and I said yes & they were happy to drain me. :) For reference: quoted from the RC website:

Wait 12 months after a tattoo if the tattoo was applied in a state that does not regulate tattoo facilities. This requirement is related to concerns about hepatitis. Learn more about hepatitis and blood donation.

Acceptable if the tattoo was applied by a state-regulated entity using sterile needles and ink that is not reused. Cosmetic tattoos applied in a licensed establishment in a regulated state using sterile needles and ink that is not reused is acceptable. There are 40 states that currently regulate tattoo facilities. You should discuss your particular situation with the health historian at the time of donation.

I'm picky about who takes my blood, so finally the person I trusted was working the blood lab friday to take my donation....to be completely out of donator forms. So, I tried Slaar! But won't be getting stuck for another two weeks when shes back and hopefully they do their job and have forms available....

I understand your reticence.... I've had probably 100 good blood draws in my life and 5 bad ones and let me tell you I remember the bad ones vividly! ANYWAY some of you did not supply a character name >=(. I AM NOT MAGIC people.

Back
Top Bottom