Black scale amulet question.

Rokgaw

Dalayan Beginner
Is it possible to do the black scale amulet quest before assigning your self to one of the factions? For example do the amulet quest then go to silver crown? As long as you don't take the silver crown hit by killing the talmin guy in oggok.

I haven't done it that way, but I remember the faction adjusts being for Grobb not Blackscale. So I think this is a gate neck quest that just happens to be given out by a blackscale aligned npc, and not a faction related quest.

I did this quest for a char before, then went COI. Like Vell mentioned I'm pretty sure the faction hits were to Grobb, not BS. Grobb will love you, but once you join another faction BS will hate you. You will have to avoid some NPCs in Grobb once you pick the other faction, but not an issue for the neck in location and banking (invis or kill your way there past some BS faction NPCs).

The faction hits are acrually blackscale. So if you do this neck, then join SC, you will have a grobb neck and not be KoS to Blackscale.

If you first join SC, you will never be able to get this neck cause Blackscale will hate you and not offer the quest.

The faction hits are acrually blackscale. So if you do this neck, then join SC, you will have a grobb neck and not be KoS to Blackscale.

If you first join SC, you will never be able to get this neck cause Blackscale will hate you and not offer the quest.

Pretty sure this is wrong. The major faction hits from this quest can take a KOS to Grobb char (such as a wood elf bard) to non-KOS with the guards and residents (though not with all of the guild leaders in town). Players start non-KOS to BS so anyone can invis to the quest giver to complete the quest as long as they are not already COI or SC.

There may be a boost to BS from the quest, but it is lost once you join COI or SC. I have a troll shaman that did this quest, then joined SC and is now KOS to the BS NPCs in Grobb.

Troll illusion + Invis to quest giver, Alt eats the newport hit = everyone in the game can do this neck

Yes, anyone can do this quest if they do it before they join Silver Crown. If you joined Council of Innovation you can stilll do it as well, but it does carry a hefty -4 or -5% hit to your Good alignment for the turn-ins. I kind of cringed when I did those turn-ins and dropped from 10% to 5% spec bonus a while back.

Back
Top Bottom