Beholder's Lair, new dungeon

AoiMasamune

Dalayan Beginner
"You fear the energies of this place" (something like that anyways)
Teleport to entrance.
I saw this and thought "I'm a level 65 beastlord, this is a level 30 dungeon. Why would I be afraid. Well now I know...

"You have been torn apart by the energies of this place"
Full life -> instant death. No readily apparent reason, I just kind of fell over.

What kind of newbie zone is this? Holy cow...

Because of the way some encounters are designed in that zone, the practice of using high level characters to help low level characters would be especially damaging there. High level characters cannot safely descend below the first floor.

If you somehow manage to die from this effect while still on the first floor, though, that's a bug and should be reported.

Good to know...

I just had this image of some group of 20-somethings pushing their way down there and losing random members to insta-kill every couple of minutes. Glad thats not the case.

However, it would have been useful if this had been mentioned on the news page.

Eg. "The Runnyeye Citadel contains content for characters levels 10-35. It is a dungeon zone open to all players." -add "However, if you are level 65, enter at your own risk because you are going to die."

I should have read this before going in :p
I had the death touch but yea, quite deep in the dungeon already

I should add that the effect warns you the first time, moving you to the zoneline of the dungeon.

I admit I had the warning which succored me too but I kinda didn't think it was intentional. A well deserved death for once ! good idea to make the place unexplorable by high chars.

The only problem so far that I've seen is agro'ing through walls. Was on third floor with my 26 pally and pulled the fire elementals through the wall somehow. Then on my way down to 4th floor, I agro'd the two near the 4th floor entry which quickly added four more which resulted in my early death =(

Otherwise great zone.

Last edited:
The only problem so far that I've seen is agro'ing through walls. Was on third floor with my 26 pally and pulled the fire elementals through the wall somehow. Then on my way down to 4th floor, I agro'd the two near the 4th floor entry which quickly added four more which resulted in my early death =(

Otherwise great zone.

When was this, before or after the zone rebooted? There was a bug earlier today that made the zone's walls not block LOS properly. It's fixed now, and could easily have caused that problem.

Zone is now working fine Line of Sight wise, Very fun zone and not bad loot either.

Ormin
Vharn
Idek

When was this, before or after the zone rebooted? There was a bug earlier today that made the zone's walls not block LOS properly. It's fixed now, and could easily have caused that problem.

Yeah it was early in the day yesterday. Also another thing to post about is the Demon room event on the 3rd floor. Yesterday when I ran into it (not knowing what any of it did) I tried to get out and killed one of the souls blocking the way out. After going back and thinking about it, I'm not sure these were meant to be killable as they are only supposed to keep you inside the room.

I admit I had the warning which succored me too but I kinda didn't think it was intentional. A well deserved death for once ! good idea to make the place unexplorable by high chars.

It was unexplorable technically lol. A good way to keep us high levels out of zones we dont belong i guess, just DT us.

Yeah it was early in the day yesterday. Also another thing to post about is the Demon room event on the 3rd floor. Yesterday when I ran into it (not knowing what any of it did) I tried to get out and killed one of the souls blocking the way out. After going back and thinking about it, I'm not sure these were meant to be killable as they are only supposed to keep you inside the room.

Good catch, it's fixed.

whats the highest level that can go down there? would suck if you made lvl there then got death touched...

Some other things i noticed,

I have a 30 iksar BL that I'm using to explore the zone, but noticed my pet (the scaled wolf from kunark graphics) is a naked human in both crags and runnyeye.

Does the magician on the third floor for the Torchfire Event drop loot? Killed her four times now and she's only dropped a gemwoven tunic once, which is also missing its slot btw. Unless the prize is a bunch of easy elementals that are easily singled and killed for good XP, then she works perfect heh.

The coordinator on the second floor is really hard to get out of his "pit". He's underwater when sticking out of it, any chance to move him either all the way in the pit, levitate him a bit, right in front of it?

Now that the Deepshade zone is in, can we remove the rock slide that turns you around and teleports you?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom