Beastlords and Acumen

mechkl

Dalayan Elder
Beastlords get Acumen at Level 65. This is a supe cool spell that helps with stamina and lets you see invisible people, and a buff is the normal buff rotation of any shaman. However beastlord do not ever get the group version of this spell, even though the only difference is that one is cast on a single target and one is cast on everyone in raid.
Which just means if your shaman breaks is clicker finger and misses a raid everyone just asks u for acumen repeatly.
I would suggest that just as a quality of life upgrade, beastlords be given the group version of acumen.
i have never heard anyone say that we need a shaman for just acumen, they are still unparalleled self sustaining healers with a full arsenal of other cool buffs.

TL,DR: give beastlord Acumen Dar Khura.

Yeah, but if you go around giving classes spells that are purely convenience and making buffing less miserable can you even imagine the mass server exodus that would occur? If someone asked me to guess, and I just asked myself so someone did, I reckon at least 97.4% of the server logs on solely for the pure joy that is buffing. Cutting into what is no doubt the most enjoyable aspect of the game for Beastlords, casting the same buff 18 times, would probably kill the class off entirely. Next you will probably do something completely insane like suggesting some buffs have their duration increased when everyone knows monitoring buff timers and repeatedly recasting buffs during a group/raid is the only thing keeping the server from turning into a twinkie. Not a lot of people know that.

Yeah, but if you go around giving classes spells that are purely convenience and making buffing less miserable can you even imagine the mass server exodus that would occur? If someone asked me to guess, and I just asked myself so someone did, I reckon at least 97.4% of the server logs on solely for the pure joy that is buffing. Cutting into what is no doubt the most enjoyable aspect of the game for Beastlords, casting the same buff 18 times, would probably kill the class off entirely. Next you will probably do something completely insane like suggesting some buffs have their duration increased when everyone knows monitoring buff timers and repeatedly recasting buffs during a group/raid is the only thing keeping the server from turning into a twinkie. Not a lot of people know that.
Sarcasm detected! Lol

Cool idea. BST having group buffs definitely wouldn't be a bad thing. 100 years ago I successfully begged the staff for group shrink, and I am still tickled pink by how pleasurable that change was.

Cool idea. BST having group buffs definitely wouldn't be a bad thing. 100 years ago I successfully begged the staff for group shrink, and I am still tickled pink by how pleasurable that change was.

that was amazing, also how we got bih'li was amazing! beastlords are def heading in a more fun less tedious. if only we still had our cool mask for our spell full of work arounds.

also thank you taryth

That was you? Thank you then. I know I started the campaign that brought us Bih'li finally. Group acumen would certainly be a nice addition to the group spell line-up.

Could rangers get Spell: Share Form of the Great Wolf?

Great, now everyone is going to re-roll a ranger.

While we are looking at pointless inconveniences:

BST AA Spirit Steed:
AA recasts either cannot be changed or are a real bitch to change iirc, but is there any reason whatsoever that the duration of this buff needs to nearly mirror the AA recast? What if the duration was just extended to the 149 ticks of Cunning? By the way...

BST Cunning of the Beast:
Why does this spell have 149 tick duration? It seems like a few years ago there was a thread where all kinds of buffs had their duration extended and CotB was left behind. Yelling at the BST to recast CotB does give you something to talk about on a raid, but c'mon.

PAL Conduit of Althuna:
I think this spell exists to give Paladins who are not tanking more of a reason to exist since they bring stunningly (ha) bad dps (even compared to the other tanks) and limited offhealing (which Conduit helps with). Perhaps I am mistaken. If that is the point of this spell then adding a zero to the duration (120 ticks) sure would be nice for a spell that alters play style for the long haul.

Yeah I don't know why you guys don't get Acumen of the Dar Khura already. I didn't even know about this till you posted it. It makes a lot of sense those being that beastlords are essentially a SHAMAN and MELEE hybrid. It's not like your asking for Woundbane, I think this is a pretty minor request and not in the least bit asking for much as it's nothing overpowered.

Yeah we went back and forth on this. It ended up leading to a bit broader discussion about acumen in general and class balance and some other things. So we haven't ruled it out (I don't think), but the discussion was enough that we decided not to put it in this round. It's not off the table yet though.

.... nm
though i still dont understand where the negative is in it? i mean beastlords already get the single target version and all the group does is cast it on 6 ppl instead of one.... not like it takes reagents or anything... just saving time...

i dont think it would be a bad idea to give the beastlords a group version of normal, and further cement the godly buff status of shamans and give them a super acumen version. maybe combine those stat buffs into 1 and make the new open relic super acumen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom