Beastlord Styles and Damage.

ryutakin

Dalayan Beginner
Skill Name Level Description
(1) Normal 1 No modifiers
(2) Aggressive 1 Increase attack speed; Decrease avoidance
(3) Defensive 1 Decrease attack speed; Increase avoidance
(4) Spiritual Guardian 20 Warder can tank over Beastlord
(5) Flurry of Blows 40 (No Two-Handed Weapon) Increase attack speed; Decrease accuracy
(6) Rending Rage 55 Interrupt all spells until exhausted
(7) Spiritual Empathy 65 Share damage with Warder

Above is a list of Beastlord Styles and such. Currently Beastlords have only one style even related to damage output (Flurry of Blows) and it is pretty useless as is. I beleive awhile back it was overpowered and the accuracy modification was added. Not sure though. Either way the accuracy modification of flurry of blows makes the style pretty useless as you don't gain any significant amount of increased dps.

Currently with the styles set up for Beastlords all styles are geared defensively(Spiritual Guardian/Empathy) or situational.(Rending Rage). I'd like to add or change if possible a style to add in some sort of dps addition. Something either Similar to the monk Crushing Blow style or at least a % increase in damage output that will also affect two handed weapons for beastlords.

Thanks for consideration or at least reading!

I think something like this would be very beneficial. Right now I only ever use 2 stances: 2 and 7. I use 2 about 95% of the time and 7 occasionally when duoing and getting lazy with heals. The only time i've ever used 5 is to parse it to see if it was worth using over 2, but the accuracy loss is just too much to be worth it. 6 is so situational I don't think I have ever used it.

I'd suggest either replacing one of the styles like Ryu suggested, or either taking away the accuracy loss and increasing the stamina cost of /s 5. I'm definitely in favor of adding a 2h weapon style for BSTs.

something for 2hb would be nice, even if it was just a copy of the monk stance.

also dont forget the other hybrids (SK/PAL/RNG) have 8 stances to BST's 7. Bards also have 7, but get ancients/relics.

I'm very much in favor of this.
All I ever use is 2 and 7.
4 is ok, mostly useful in the lower levels but later on when you start getting defensive AA's (and haven't found companion health above 5) you can start tanking as well as your pet.

I've never used 5 or 6, ever. I found out with my monk that 4 was a disappointment. I like getting spammed, but with hits, not misses.

EDIT mean 5 or 6, not 4 sorry.

Last edited:
I'm very much in favor of this.
All I ever use is 2 and 7.
4 is ok, mostly useful in the lower levels but later on when you start getting defensive AA's (and haven't found companion health above 5) you can start tanking as well as your pet.

I've never used 4 or 6, ever. I found out with my monk that 4 was a disappointment. I like getting spammed, but with hits, not misses.

iirc 4 is a style that reduces your aggro so it can be helpful in the high end

iirc 4 is a style that reduces your aggro so it can be helpful in the high end

Whoops, I mean style 5 and 6 I've never used, I found out on my monk style 5 was a disappointment.

I used 4 quite a lot, at least I did in the low / Mid game where my pet was a superior tank.

Style 5 and 6 I would say need to be looked at for possible changes..

4 and 7 are fine as is I would say.

Agree.

Style 2 is what I use 95% of the time.

/s 4 won't really do anything. Even with this stance I will far outaggro my pet.

/s 5 I have never seen this stance do anything useful. About as worthless as they come.

/s 6 I have not used /s 6 is a very long time. My resists are high enough and the stance is not effective enough to make it worthwhile.

/s 7 is nice in a raid when I get aggro. It can buy me time til a tank grabs the aggro or even allow me to tank for a short period of time.

Basically only /s 7 is really the only useful stance. /s 6 should be kept for the early 65 game for some situations. /s 5 is pretty useless.

The saddest thing about beastlords is that they are phenomenal dps. Cunning is going to be between 80-150 dps per high end caster and savagery is about 75 dps on each high end melee.

Last edited:
Thats what im saying. Beastlords should do melee damage that scales with the total hp of people they are grouped with.

but wouldnt that result in;
A) groups with beastlords only looking for people by HP

B) 3 Beastlords + 3 tanks with 9k hp apiece = overpowered :p

C) result in Beastlords out DPSing Rogues on raids... specially Tier 7 8 and 9..

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for changing /s 5 and maybe /s 6 to something remotely useful / Dps improving.

Idea: /s 5 could be a stance where the beastlords links with his/her pet granting the pet bonuses from the beastlords AA, combat Ferocity, and combat Fury (and their upgrades) being the main ones.
kinda like how the mages get this through a permanent AA (the bastards, Imo bsts should get this AA too, but what can you do ;))

I'm not sure how well pets do on raids, but it can't be all bad, right? and this would improve our DPS atleast a little I think?

Last edited:
but wouldnt that result in;
A) groups with beastlords only looking for people by HP

B) 3 Beastlords + 3 tanks with 9k hp apiece = overpowered :p

C) result in Beastlords out DPSing Rogues on raids... specially Tier 7 8 and 9..

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for changing /s 5 and maybe /s 6 to something remotely useful / Dps improving.

Idea: /s 5 could be a stance where the beastlords links with his/her pet granting the pet bonuses from the beastlords AA, combat Ferocity, and combat Fury (and their upgrades) being the main ones.
kinda like how the mages get this through a permanent AA (the bastards, Imo bsts should get this AA too, but what can you do ;))

I'm not sure how well pets do on raids, but it can't be all bad, right? and this would improve our DPS atleast a little I think?

What Manguadi was saying was that nowhere in this thread has it been proven that Beastlord's actually need to be able to do more dps. (they dont).

also any changes done to beastlord /s 5 would also change flurry for monks. and these considerations need to be done carefully.

What Manguadi was saying was that nowhere in this thread has it been proven that Beastlord's actually need to be able to do more dps. (they dont).

Beastlords deffo dont need more dps, but it would be nice to see their awesome buffs have a bit more benefit for themselves.

Beastlords deffo dont need more dps, but it would be nice to see their awesome buffs have a bit more benefit for themselves.

I find that I not only need to keep cunning on myself for the aggro reduction but I also whore up a svg on my 3 man cycle due to needing the saves.

also any changes done to beastlord /s 5 would also change flurry for monks. and these considerations need to be done carefully.

Oh, I didn't realize they were linked, well that screws my Idea over :p

Beastlords deffo don't need more dps, but it would be nice to see their awesome buffs have a bit more benefit for themselves.

Their buffs need to be looked at Imo, Its pretty annoying that spirit of summer only lasts 45 min while haste and resist buff last 60 min.. I wouldn't complain if these were boosted to last 1.5 or even 2 hours, all 3. or just make the pet proc last 60 min. And I've been wondering why the haste and pet proc has a cooldown timer? I don't see them as buffs that would drastically alter a battle so you win if you were gonna lose, atm it's just a little annoying waiting for them.

the stamina/Dexterity/strength (especially Strength) would benefit from a longer duration aswell.. but thats just me..

All this probably belongs in a new thread..

it's not just about doing less aggro than your pet, but others on the raid.

Please clarify what you mean. Do you mean that the need is to reduce your aggro in a raid environment? Or, do you mean that the stance reduces your aggro compared to others.

The description certainly does not say that, nor have I noticed the style doing much of anything in quite some time.
"(4) Spiritual Guardian 20 Warder can tank over Beastlord "
This sounds to me like the stance changes the ratio of beastlord versus pet aggro.

Overall DPS (including dps from buffs) seems fine to me. I think a high stamina drain dps increase would not be bad. But I would really like to see something that affects the whole raid or group, if possible. It seems that the Beastlord's specialty is helping others to be all that they can be (Cunning, Paragon, etc). But this may be more of an AA effect than something that can be coded for a stance.

Another good idea.

Or maybe a stance that is the reverse of /s 7 in which half the damage to my pet hits me instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom