Bards

But on a serious note why do people who dont play even comment on a ledgitment thread? What are you trying to prove? Let them man speak to the dev about what he feels is a class balancing thread.

?? i do play, and use like 20 clickies... us bards can already swap clickies in/out instantly after clicking them, which makes it more 'fun' than other classes i guess... i dont really feel the need to be able to move while im doing it.

just make more bard clickers throughout the tiers that click 'songs' instead of regular spells (like Basso Allegrato or Dirgesoul) those are pretty flavorful.

?? i do play, and use like 20 clickies... us bards can already swap clickies in/out instantly after clicking them, which makes it more 'fun' than other classes i guess... i dont really feel the need to be able to move while im doing it.

just make more bard clickers throughout the tiers that click 'songs' instead of regular spells (like Basso Allegrato or Dirgesoul) those are pretty flavorful.

i don't have alot of room to post in this thread. but from an outside point of view i always looked at it this way.

Bards can run and cast songs because they are singing" I can run and sing at the same time. This makes sense

Casters have to stand still to cast spells because it takes alot of concentration and though to cast a spell, any sort of movement can redirect their focus elsewhere making the spell fail.

from a "lore" perspective. Bards should NOT be able to use clicky "spells" while moving.

aside from that i could careless.

total highjack but would be awesome if hymm of harmony could get its crit chance back
to make it a little more fun, while scaling with charms.

Either that or change it to something else. In its current state parc ring actually does more than it.

yeah, hymn of harmony went from great situational song to worthless. even with lute in it heals for like 5-600? awful.

Still looking at this as a possible alternative for this class.
Currently I dont see many clickies actually altering this class, minus the crown from final vah.

Adding into this the idea from another thread at some point to be considered which was;
Having specific mods like range inc, mana con, things like that actually giving bards benefits that this class currently does recieve. If by the devs standards this does seem too much for this class, then only allowing these things to happen for spells that cost mana, which i believe was being talked about actually happening a while back. These great effects that bards would gain much from could be added into instrument mods to allow for more benefits from them which would be a great asset to the class.

Last edited:
Currently I dont see many clickies actually altering this class, minus the crown from final vah.

I'm just curious, which clickies alter other classes?

also I'm wondering if you have tried the 4.3 sword clicky yet

Last edited:
Ah that was just in reference towards some of the other posts. I spent time between then and now looking and getting anything that potentially might be an issue with the main post I made.

In terms of 4.3 no I dont have that. I have heard it does some pretty cool things for a bard though. If thats the case then great, but they need some more adjustments before tier 12 either way.

Last edited:
Well honestly clickies while moving are not really going to change anything with this class, or any aspect of the game for this class. People will want a bard or not. In most cases probably, I don't know if that changes anything though. People will always want those group buffs. Its a perk I guess.

Do I understand this right: This entire thread wouldn't exist if bards used the same mechanic for clickys that they use for starting songs?

Do I understand this right: This entire thread wouldn't exist if bards used the same mechanic for clickys that they use for starting songs?

Hit the nail on the head. As much as that sounds nice though, I don't think it is needed or required. I am afraid of what my bard would give up just to get that. It is just something I could see too much abuse for, and if you can't see how, here's the best example:

Bard makes a pull, or gets adds. Normally, that's an oh sh-- I am gonna die moment. Not anymore though, as I can use clickies while moving. Let me tap that athica neck (or where-ever), and then let me run in big circles while I wait for it to finish. Now I just re-load a port back and try again. Hooray for almost no worries pulling.

Hit the nail on the head. As much as that sounds nice though, I don't think it is needed or required. I am afraid of what my bard would give up just to get that. It is just something I could see too much abuse for, and if you can't see how, here's the best example:

Bard makes a pull, or gets adds. Normally, that's an oh sh-- I am gonna die moment. Not anymore though, as I can use clickies while moving. Let me tap that athica neck (or where-ever), and then let me run in big circles while I wait for it to finish. Now I just re-load a port back and try again. Hooray for almost no worries pulling.

Great. You forgot to put in the part where that example doesn't actually do anything to the class. You go back to square one. Probably was even easier to just use wind speed and train the zone. Either way good job not dying, because dying here is so terrible.

Yes.

Lumi, I like you and all, but I was pointing out an area for abuse. If you can't understand the possible abuse issues (like one minor example), I am not sure what to tell you. Really, aside from being able to recast your combine clickies while continuing swinging your weapons, I don't see why it is such an issue for you. And really, why those clickies take so damn long is a mystery to me anyways.

Lumi, I like you and all, but I was pointing out an area for abuse. If you can't understand the possible abuse issues (like one minor example), I am not sure what to tell you. Really, aside from being able to recast your combine clickies while continuing swinging your weapons, I don't see why it is such an issue for you. And really, why those clickies take so damn long is a mystery to me anyways.

No thats great, thats what threads are suppose to be for. Point out all of the issues and problems that bards would get over this idea. vs. not this idea.

I mearly pointed out that your "minor example" isn't really an abuse of the system. Bards already get to hardly die. Then when you die, its only a time set back either way. So if you gated out, you are looking at wasting more time getting back to where you just were prior to messing up.

Also earlier in the thread for power issues, I stated it would be wise to not allow the swinging of weapons while casting said clickies like your post mentioned.

Still doesnt sound abusive.

There are some powerful clickies in the game, first that comes to mind for me is root clickies, a bard with a bit of room could single pull abyss without any help.

That would make life easier for sure. I can already pull some of that zone solo and kite it around though without being able to run while I cast a root. Its not very time effective for xping but is currently already doable and thats only in parts. Most of the other pulls summon which you have to be able to get past to even get to those mobs being mentioned.

From my standpoint I see this being more noteworthy for lower tier bards if anything.

Edit: Even that one particular clicky doesnt seem to give bards anything they can't currently already do without it.

Last edited:
Lumineve can you elaborate on why you think this should happen beyond liking the idea of it?

Lumineve can you elaborate on why you think this should happen beyond liking the idea of it?

Sure thing.

Bards get to miss out on alot of mechanics in this game that other people get to take advantage of while climbing through the tiers. While on the flip side bards to get to add priceless buffs for people in exchange for these. There is a pretty big gap in scaling for this class between the tiers of fresh- 9+.
This idea allows bards to scale between the gaps of nothing, towards having relics, then post tier 9. It brings back the idea that bards are a very versitle class. Allowing lower level bards to take more advantage of this versitility. It also adds a very interesting and not seen before trait that a bard would be remembered for. Currently we see this as group buffs. Giving them another trait, like movement while using everything not just spells(songs), just adds that extra individuality and makes sense. It can be comparable towards druids and wizards getting the trait of travel. Its a bonus and doesnt impact the game in terms of killing things but when you want to get somewhere faster, one might think of a wizard or druid to help them accomplish this.

Back
Top Bottom