Bard Sing Songs

CrackerJ

Dalayan Adventurer
Had a few bard questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with.

The /s 5 stance only prevents songs from being interrupted that have already landed right? It will not prevent you from being interrupted mid cast.

If I leave an aoe slow or aoe DD up without using any other detrimentals they will stay up forever? If I did my relic chant it would stop refreshing the first debuff/dd, but won't if I do a bellow?

When mezzing a target mid fight I need to still turn auto attack off or switch targets after starting the mez cast?

What's the best way to hold aoe aggro if I'm tanking something like a D map with lots of ceatures? In this same situation, would you even mez at all? Or would it be safer to just leave aoe slow pulsing without any other debuffs? I'm always afraid about detrimental twisting in scary situations just in case I can't recast my slow in time bc of interrupts.

Thanks!

Yes /s 5 only prevents ongs that have already landed.

One song stays up indefinitely unless you are bashed.

You can just switch targets after you start the cast.

As for aoe tanking it depends how much dps you are taking. generally I just twist constantly and only bellow on the main target

So even after landing AoE slow if I get bashed it will stop the song? Which means on like a D map pull I need to have /s 5 on at all times to prevent this.

Oh, one more question.

On map spawns with buried constructs, should I chance twisiting Occlusion of Sound with AoE Slow or is it not worth the chance of interrupts leading to everything unslowed. That, or is there a better detrimental worth the risk of twisting?

Last edited:
If you have /5 up, the song will continue even if bashed. Bashes can still interrupt songs being casted but won't do anything to the songs currently on mobs.

I wish I didn't have to rely on /s 5 so much. So for sure a aoe slow song can get bashed off if I don't have s 5? =(

So even after landing AoE slow if I get bashed it will stop the song? Which means on like a D map pull I need to have /s 5 on at all times to prevent this.

You also have the option of "burying" whichever song you don't want interrupted. Being bashed or stunned only interrupts the actively pulsing song and does nothing to other songs you have twisted that are just ticking out their duration.

Really though bards aren't tanks so you're going to have to put a bit more work into it.

Back
Top Bottom