Bancak Mines Revamp

gola

Dalayan Beginner
I constantly see very decent mid level items that came from Bancak, so I say to myself, nobody is ever there, why don't I go check it out. Later, I would realize that there is a reason that nobody is ever there.

I zone in and I see row after row of light blue/blue gobs with the occasional named one thrown in. With my 35 monk/29 shaman duo, they don't put up much of a fight, but for a normal group in the 20's getting to these mobs and killing them would be very difficult. Half are casters and very tightly grouped together, myself only being able to get singles because of feign. I go further in and stumble upon a cave full of goblin oracles and bancaks, with a little inlet full of spiders. I'm looking around for a safe place to camp until I realize that there is none. Now I can see maybe aiming for a dungeon crawl atmosphere in this place, but this cave is pretty deep in and whether you like or not, people don't really enjoy dungeon crawls.

I go to the safest looking spot and take off invis and sit with my shaman, only to be aggroed through a wall by a gob. 15 seconds and 5 other goblins later, my shaman is dead with my monk lying feigned next to him.
I decide to try and solo with my monk for a bit, but then realize that shaman mobs are especially nasty with the dots and slow. Again, I am plagued with adds that eventually kill me as it is impossible to feign between the chaincasting.

I can see why nobody ever comes here. The nice loot is offset by the incredible difficulty of the mobs that scare any hopeful groups away. This place reminds me so much of the old Nurga - decent loot, but nobody ever goes there because the mobs are just too tough and too bunched together. If you ever want to get any people here that aren't just high-levels farming or running to Mielech's, you might want to try revamping the zone to be more group-friendly.

Um, I don't know exactly what place you were trying to duo, but I never ever had any trouble totally clearing the camps near the warrens waterfall with 3+ people back when I exp'ed there. No FD puller or Mez mind you, just root CC.

You're trying to duo an area in a dungeon with mid 30's warrior and low 30's caster mobs, with a level 35 and 29, and complain it's too hard?

Man. I wish some of you people had played EQ before PoP.

Yes, I was probably a little underlevelled.

But, the question isn't as much that it is too tough, it is that why would you ever go to Bancak when there are much better alternatives. The two main options for 30-40 are Netherbian and First Ruins. Why would you crawl through large groups of casting goblins for decent loot when you can slaughter many more of the isolated single pulls of dregs that are the same level and also provide decent vendor loot. Why wouldn't you just go to First Ruins which is is an easier to access spot and provides much easier single pulls, albeit still casting mobs. Groups are going to go to the easier place. If you ever want more than the odd group or two to use Bancak, then you should probably tone down the dense grouping of mobs or take away some of the casters.

-Signed a Kunark era monk :D

harder risks = better rewards

when i was in groups there root cc worked fine. most we ever got on a pull was 3 maybe a 4 once. But when i didnt duo/trio the entrance mobs we crawled through the dungeon.

As far as 30's goes... Bancak is FAR from being the most difficult..

First Ruins is WAY more difficult than Bancak. There are caster mobs there, aggro is intense. The casters nuke hard (remember warlocks?). And, down by the front gates, there is no way out if you get in trouble. There are only 2 named mobs that you will be able to camp that I know of. Plus the 10/20 no rent items are nice for the group. So.. harder mobs, more dangerous area, less named camps.. Why is FR better than bancak?

Passage of Neth is much easier.. Sometimes single, sometimes double pulls. But this is a zone for pure exp. There is no way any member of the group will make more than 15pp an hour. Also, with a full group of 30's, you can clear out the dreg/neth lairs pretty fast. So, neth loot/pp is worse than bancak, and with a full effective group, yields less exp.

Another place is CC. This is an equal to Bancak imo. Loot is good, the geonid gems can be nice upgrades to everyone in the group.. But the pulls get nasty sometimes. So you pay for the loot in difficulty.

The way I see it.. the lower level zones are pretty well balanced as far as casual exp groups go...

If you have a small group, with an odd class make up.. Do neth for exp.
If you have a strong group, and want loot with your exp.. Do bancak, or CC.
If you have a strong group, and want just great exp and not much loot.. Do first ruins.

figured id throw in my opinion sence i been lvling in bancak.

i just started on wr, im untwinked. i duo there almost exclusivly till it was green, got a few nice drops and upgrades. only one place in the zone gave me any problems. besides that room in particular, i never got more than 2 or 3 on a pull, and if you are smart, most are 2 pulls, with a roamer add time to time

once you are past the intrance in ruins, its much harder pulls.

just my 2cp, for what its worth

exp mod in fr is worth the risk.

went there at 22 and didnt leave the entrance till 30.

Did down around castle entrance at 32-34 too.

I've hunted in Bancak for exp recently so here's my 2 cents:

It is possible to solo in there in certain areas for certain classes. But since it's a dungeon it would be silly to be able to solo the entire dungeon at an exp level. I like my dungeons challenging but not impssibly hard (like the old Droga was). I prefer the Faentharc Woods zone in end to solo (have done this with a low 30's beastlord and 35ish bard). The area near the translocator I have also solo'd with the bard. I have also dropped down the warrens area waterfall and solo'd a bit there with the beastlord but the 2 pulls made it tough.

Why don't people go there:

Location - Its' off the beaten path. Neth lair and First Ruins are easier to reach. Makes for longer travel times and cr times. I prefer the Faentharc zone side but it's a very long cr when you die.

Critical Mass - WR doesn't seem to have a large 30ish population for grouping. You need to have a certain population level for group viability. This doesn't mean its impossible to group in Bancak, but the location and population levels definitely makes it bring your own group.

Linear one way zone design: My troll could not get up the waterfall from the warrens unless he was shrunk. He didn't have shrink so that meant a drop down and a guaranteed death to exit the mines (at his level fighting through was not an option). There is no easy way of adding or extracting members from the group. To get to the back of the mines is quite a crawl for people who get xp. It's a zone that asks for long time commitment as compared to say Neth.

Item drops: In order for someone to go somewhere to hunt for drops, they have to know items drop there. I'm a new player to WR. I have no idea where to hunt for item drops. While this thread implies there are some good drops there, I haven't heard of them or found them yet. In my time of hunting there, I've seen skulkers armor and one ok helm drop. I have gone through invis exploring several times and I haven't seen a lot of named mobs. I'm guessing there are placeholders or there aren't many named. From my own experience, there isn't any real reason to go there. I would recommend the orc fort in EW as a better place for the low-mid 30's.

Ambiance: Bancak/Nurga is one of the most bland, boring, plane jane zones there is. No eye candy or really anything even remotely interesting about the place. One of the worst zones of the Kunark era as far as ambiance goes.

speak for yourself

"whether you like or not, people don't really enjoy dungeon crawls."

If YOU don't like dungeon crawls then go back to live and spend your days sitting at the north wall in DL. I like dungeon crawls. My friends like dungeon crawls. 99% of the people I've played with on live or WR like dungeon crawls. You are the one percent. Don't speak for everyone.

Zort

Re: speak for yourself

zort said:
"whether you like or not, people don't really enjoy dungeon crawls."

If YOU don't like dungeon crawls then go back to live and spend your days sitting at the north wall in DL. I like dungeon crawls. My friends like dungeon crawls. 99% of the people I've played with on live or WR like dungeon crawls. You are the one percent. Don't speak for everyone.

Zort

You got a point there, Zort! :)

pd: your nickname reminds me of a stupid lab mouse that says that word once a while... :brow:

Back
Top Bottom