Bad Item Sockets

DodoBot

Dalayan Elder
Hi all. Earlier tonight I noticed that several items are socketed to receive an augment, even though they are neither equippable, nor actually able to be augmented. The items in question are the Shir Standard and Red Velvet Cake. I know I have seen items like this in the past, so let's take the chance to list them to be cleaned. It should be quite simple to remove or fix them.

Post items with non-functioning/inappropriate sockets here. Aside from the two above, I've noticed that many bows have a T4 item slot, though I've yet to ever encounter them. Is this similar to the elusive bard T6 item socket?

There is a unique variant of the Sapphire Necklace found in the bottom of the well in Halas that lists a T3 aug slot despite that the necklace itself is unable to be equipped. This seems to fit the bill perfectly. Actually, I seem to recall that the necklace can be augged, and that the result is simply unequippable. The item may even change to Race: NONE Class: NONE during the process. I could be imagining that last bit though.

As for T4 augs, I believe this aug type was originally set aside for later use to add further customization to Archery. I'm guessing that the idea was initially intended for Fletching in its original form, and that the aug idea was shelved or aborted during one of the tradeskill's revamps. I've also heard rumors that it might one day be linked to Tinkering or Pottery, though I think this is just speculation or wishful thinking.

Vah banners in their raw form being able to have an aug despite not being equippable is so that you don't loose your aug if you decide that you need another banner. (So much for the theory, idr if they actually keep their augs when attached to/removed from flagpole. But they sure are supposed to keep it!)

So can we get a dev to chime in? Would it be helpful to create a list of items with seemingly wonky sockets and post them here?

Any and all items with either bad, or no - item sockets, should be put up here - so yeah, thanks for Band of the Overgrowth.

The cake and Shir banner are fixed for next patch.

Type 4 bow aug slots are pretty much only on older bows when there were plans to create bow augs, but the augs for them don't exist yet. If we decide to implement type 4 augs, we'd go through the bows and add slots as appropriate.

Frosting
[MAGIC ITEM]
[LORE ITEM] [NO DROP] [AUGMENTATION]
Augmentation Type: 3
AC: 1
CHA: +3 HP: -5 MANA: +20
SV FIRE:
+1 SV DISEASE: +1 SV COLD: +1 SV MAGIC: +1 SV POISON: +1
WT: 0.0 Size: Small
Class: ALL
Race: BAR DEF DWF ERU FRG HEF HFL HIE HUM IKS OGR TRL VAH ELF

(GNM's don't get nice things!)

I didn't make gnomes so ugly and puntable, I suggest taking that up with a deity, maybe Althuna (for mercy and all)

Hi all. Earlier tonight I noticed that several items are socketed to receive an augment, even though they are neither equippable, nor actually able to be augmented. The items in question are the Shir Standard and Red Velvet Cake. I know I have seen items like this in the past, so let's take the chance to list them to be cleaned. It should be quite simple to remove or fix them.

Post items with non-functioning/inappropriate sockets here. Aside from the two above, I've noticed that many bows have a T4 item slot, though I've yet to ever encounter them. Is this similar to the elusive bard T6 item socket?
They aren't that elusive.. just need to do the various quests to get them. Would be nice if there were more quests for them, but what do you back-burner for it?

The cake and Shir banner are fixed for next patch.

Type 4 bow aug slots are pretty much only on older bows when there were plans to create bow augs, but the augs for them don't exist yet. If we decide to implement type 4 augs, we'd go through the bows and add slots as appropriate.
Keeping my promise here. Fixed for next patch.

Back
Top Bottom