Athica Faction

grehyton

Dalayan Beginner
Hello,

Have a lot of you done the Athica faction quests from the guards up front. Can you get enough faction here to get the teleport stone?

Thanks

I may be misunderstanding the question, but you can not get a portal stone via a faction quest. The portals will teleport you to Athica by default if you do not have one of the other 6 stones equipped ...

The faction quest given out by Samantha the Assistant (where you gather IE: Goblin Ears from Goblinskull Mountains, Frilakh Tails from Fearstone Keep, Dwarven Essence from Kaladim and Service Medallions from Eldenals) are for the Athica port neck.

Thanks

Hiya,

I have been a little confused on that then, I appreciate the info, I was doing the gate quests to try and get the port neck from samantha.

Thanks!

I think Grehyton meant the gate necklace, not really a teleport stone.

As for the guard quests (newbie quests), I spent a few hours collecting parts for them with a 60's tracker, and didn't manage to budge my faction level at all (not to mention the parts being frustratingly rare). A few hours isn't really enough to go by, but I would assume the higher level quests given out by Samanth give much bigger faction hits than the newbie quests. I don't know if the newbie quests have a hard cap on how much faction you can gain with them (like the newport quests do).

I haven't done the Athica newbie quests, but if they are the same as the Newport and Halas quests, they are pretty much useless for faction purposes. I did every last one of the Halas quests, and they didn't bump my halfling enough to be able t buy and sell in Halas. I think they are really more to give the newbies a chance to pick up some coin than for faction.

athica

Hello

Well so far I have turned in about 80 pairs of the items the gate guards want and havent seen my faction go up from amiable. I will keep trying and see what happens I guess. I was assuming this was the way samantha started to like you.

Thanks

Re: athica

grehyton said:
Well so far I have turned in about 80 pairs of the items the gate guards want and havent seen my faction go up from amiable. I will keep trying and see what happens I guess. I was assuming this was the way samantha started to like you.

Samantha gives her own quests for faction, which should give much bigger hits than the newbie quests. Is she not giving you other quests besides the athica gate neck?

samantha

Hello

Samantha offers me the frilakh tails and goblin ears if I recall correctly, but neither state any faction adjustment upon a turn in. I just assumed she wanted me to work for the guards up front because they are the only quests I have found offering athica faction adjustments.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

Re: samantha

grehyton said:
Samantha offers me the frilakh tails and goblin ears if I recall correctly, but neither state any faction adjustment upon a turn in. I just assumed she wanted me to work for the guards up front because they are the only quests I have found offering athica faction adjustments.

Does this make sense?

No. I think any quest that Samantha gives out SHOULD be giving faction adjustments. If turning in to her doesn't result in faction messages, I think something is wrong.

I believe if the quest goes trivial she stops giving out faction for them.
Move on to the next faction piece.

i noticed something strange about this when i was tryin to work on the quest also, but what i beleave is happening is.
the set of faction quests she gives u is the tails and gobblin ears, well i was able to cap that out befor she would give me the Dwarf esscence quest, i gained a level or 2 and still wasnt geting the quest so i turned in a couple of the dwarf esscences. she rewarded me with faction from that point. i didt bother hailing her agian to see if she gave me the quest intill later when i came back to turn in more. and now shes telling me about the dwarf esscences.

Back
Top Bottom