Anlir Bloodscalp's quests - Part V

ZZaidin

Dalayan Beginner
Goodday. I have a feeling this one won't be to hard to fix. I am on the fifth quest from Anlir Bloodscalp (rogue quest). I have to break into this house, sneak past a body guard, disarm a trap, and kill a dude in his sleep. My problem is the Bodyguard (that's his name) is seeing me while in sneak and hide; as if he can see invisible. There is no way I can get around him, so there is no way to finish this quest. Before I can even touch the stairs to get to the trap to disarm it he sees me and kills me; while in full stealth.

EXACT NAME OF QUEST NPC: Anlir Bloodscalp Part V
WHAT STAGE OF THE QUEST YOU ARE ON: I have broken into the white house.
WHAT THE QUEST NPC SAYS WHEN HAILED:
You say, 'Hail, Anlir Bloodscalp'
Anlir Bloodscalp says, 'Welcome back, Rogue. What's your business? Training? Or are you here to advance again?'
You say, 'I'd like to advance my rank.'
Anlir Bloodscalp says, 'You're an ambitious one, aren't you? The next rank is Knife, and only the best of rogues live long enough to become one. Do you want to take the Knifes test?'

You say, 'I think I fit into your best rogues alive category.'
Anlir Bloodscalp says, 'To become a Knife, you must show considerable ability of stealth, as well as no hesitation in killing. Luckily, I have the perfect test for you. Timon,a Twisted Palm rogue, has turned out to be a turncoat, and is giving information on our organization to the guards. They keep him under secure guard, but we've managed to find out where - a large house not far from the clock square. Pick the door, and sneak inside. Make sure to avoid any bodyguards he might have. Then kill him and cut out his eyes, as befitting for a traitor. Once I have his eyes in my hands, you'll be a Knife.'
EXACT NAMES OF ITEMS/NPCS INVOLVED IN THE ERROR: a Bodyguard
YOUR OWN SPECULATION TO THE PROBLEM (if any): He can see invisible.

AFAIK, he's always seen through rogue stealth and invis. I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be facing the wall though. If so, it's possible to get through without getting aggro.

He is facing the wall, you are correct, but he turns around and kills you when you walk past him.

I remember doing this with my rogue. Have you tried hugging the far wall from him? I recall he has a rather small aggro radius, so you can avoid him that way.

Back
Top Bottom