Amnesty for Past Bans with 2.5? Discuss pros/cons...

DodoBot

Dalayan Elder
Just a thought here - and as a means of potentially getting old players back into the game, post 2.5, alot of people have been throwing around the idea of unbanning people. While I don't like the idea of unbanning recent or repeat offenders, I think it might be worth considering lifting some suspensions, old ones in particular. This could generate some interest in veteran players coming back to check out the new client.

I know this has potential downsides, but personally, I'm not convinced either way, so let's hear some convincing. Would it be a good idea to grant some form of amnesty to past offenders, and if so, what would this look like? Or, on the other hand (without discussing individual bans), what would be a reason to keep someone banned for life? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Some people are banned for life no doubt, but the response here is that people can always email to request being unbanned, for example chrux and nation recently were unbanned so there is hope.

Last edited:
Individuals that were banned should request an appeal. I've seen my fair share of jerks and cheaters in the almost 11 years on this server and I personally have no sympathy for anyone that did enough to finally get banned.

No MQ2 users ware ever unbanned just allowed to come back and play. Me being one of them. RIP Solaom

Depends on what you got banned for. In case of cheaters like eisley, the answer is "forever". (I hope/think.)

dirty cheaters, wouldn't want them around in any fashion.

i think felyn was banned on his bard but he was allowed to continue to play (he took over paxx at some point or another)

he took over paxx waaaaay before he got banned

Eisley was dumb. Testing a cleric weapon he created on his main, when he had
a better primary. He should have done it on his dev character. He did abuse his
access, and showed poor self-control.

Frankly, there are players who were banned playing on new characters. Though
I haven't logged in three years, they were, and probably still are showing
that they matured. I believe un-banning should be on a case by case basis, especially for
those who are playing new characters as responsible members of this community.

that they matured. I believe un-banning should be on a case by case basis, especially for
there are players who play that should be banned, its a fine line that the staff has to deal with. and banning is a maximum offense.

eisley has been banned roughly 420 times since then. he's perma banned now for exploiting a diety quest mob for phats

Back
Top Bottom