Blades of Frost
Blades of Immolation
Blades of Magi
Blades of Scourge
Blades of Steel
Blades of Torment
Blades of Venom
Relic: Blades of War

I'm sure that I am not the only guy who plays a paladin and has a gripe that any of the spells in the wizard's blades line overwrites Althuna's Conduit (and that conduit does not overwrite blades...) While this isn't a huge end of the world issue, it is a real pain in the ass when it happens.

I don't know how spell stacking/bouncing works on the back end, but I'm requesting that Althuna's Conduit overwrite any spells in the blades line, and that none of the blades spells overwrite Althuna's Conduit.

Reasons for this change:
1. Buff block is a bad alternative because there are times when a paladin wants to have the blades buff.
2. There is not one time that a Paladin will cast Conduit and not want it to land on himself. (Meaning, if someone sneaks in a blades buff and it doesn't overwrite blades, you just wasted 2000 mana and 30 seconds of cast time plus recast time.)
3. If a Paladin has Conduit on, there is not one time where they want blades to overwrite conduit.
4. It is frustrating as fuck when someone overwrites conduit or sneaks a blades buff on you right before conduit finishes its 30 second time.
5. Reasons 1-4 make sense.

Thank you.

And here I thought the best way to piss off Paladins was to leave cleric group hot up so they couldn't land theirs. Hmm, looks like I am dumping the cleric and making a wizard.

And here I thought the best way to piss off Paladins was to leave cleric group hot up so they couldn't land theirs. Hmm, looks like I am dumping the cleric and making a wizard.

Have druids with no aa/cop/foci cast group hot is bothersome to say the least :p

I made 2 hotkeys, one to block rbow when I want to use healer mode, and one to unblock it for when I want rbow. Its not perfect but it works fine.

I made 2 hotkeys, one to block rbow when I want to use healer mode, and one to unblock it for when I want rbow. Its not perfect but it works fine.
It's a good kludge fix, but the proper fix is my request. Thank you for the agreement post though. It is nice to know others share my point of view.

This seems like a relatively easy and completely logical fix. However, it involves not nerfing Paladins so do not hold your breath. If someone temporarily forgets that Paladins are meant to lead a life of pointless nerfdom maybe the casting time/mana cost/duration of Conduit could be revisited. If the point is to prevent Paladins from switching from tank to healer during a fight it seems like the casting time alone makes doing so unlikely. The mana cost is just an annoyance to low end paladins and the duration is just middle finger #22 to Paladins in general.

This seems like a relatively easy and completely logical fix. However, it involves not nerfing Paladins so do not hold your breath. If someone temporarily forgets that Paladins are meant to lead a life of pointless nerfdom maybe the casting time/mana cost/duration of Conduit could be revisited. If the point is to prevent Paladins from switching from tank to healer during a fight it seems like the casting time alone makes doing so unlikely. The mana cost is just an annoyance to low end paladins and the duration is just middle finger #22 to Paladins in general.
The mana cost is a problem dudes who get this spell on tier. After that, it isn't too bad, though still hefty. The spell is good even with these downsides, but it is much better the higher tier you go dude to the mana cost per cost. All this said, this stacking issue has nothing to do with balance and is flat out just a bug that would make QoL better if fixed.

I haven't been keeping up with the forums and have a lot of catching up to do, but this is an awesome idea. I can't think of a single reason why conduit shouldn't overwrite the blades line of spells.

Back
Top Bottom