Alternate Everquest

ynnear

Dalayan Elder
Alternate Everquest (AEQ) is a custom server based on the original MMORPG Everquest, up to and including the Omens of War expansion. The project is dedicated to revitalizing that first-time time playing experience for both new and former Everquest loyalists. The journey reveals many familiarities combined with unique differences.

Unique Storyline
Many of the gods of Norrath have vanished and the mortal races seek alternate ways to protect themselves from the hate of others.

Contents & Features
Custom storyline
Content never before seen
New quests
New character AA options
Revised/new spell lists
Unique class/race combinations
Some new tradeskill recipes
All new epic weapons (coming soon)

AEQ offers a refreshed game experience with a focus on establishing a mature & fun-loving player community. The game will be presented as free-to-play, with a 2-box limit. The initial launch will be in December 2018 and futures releases are planned. The player-support and technical staff donate their skills and time because of their passion for the game, and to prolong the untold value of this type of player community.

AEQ is currently playable, but still under development. We invite you to join us in-game, our Discord is at https://discord.gg/BBreAqw

Last edited:
Just FYI googling "Alternate everqust" just pops up a ton of AA pages for EQ. For marketing sake you might want to make your name a little more unique.

Also more details...

There is a bunch of custom newbie quest armor/weapons, and there is a main plot that is being developed and fleshed out. But early on, it is far closer to live than shards.

Nothing will ever beat the feeling of live back when it was released, that being said the more alternatives trying to get that feeling back is always a good thing for all of us keeps our minds off the politics and other bs we now deal with everyday. Hope it goes well, might even check it out!

tumblr_o8h8bpGG2E1qz6z2wo1_400.gif
Everquest without drama !?

AEQ welcomes all player new old, and most of all We welcome new ideas and feedback from our community.

It is a bummer that p1999 seems to be the only server that forbids boxing. A little too old school for my tastes whereas something like this would be just the right EQ era and dev mindset otherwise.
Boxing, even just two, introduces such an anti-social and ringer friendly element to the game that should be primarily about being social and playing your own character. Yeah, yeah, you can not box, which is a great plan if you want to be at a disadvantage forever.

not many box on our server, several like to single boxing is nice but not a game breaker requirement.

I could box, but don't. Just don't care to do it. Does it make some stuff more challenging to do, sure.. but it makes it more enjoyable too. The day I "have" to box to progress, like it is on SoD now, is the day I will get bored and stop playing it.

I could box, but don't. Just don't care to do it. Does it make some stuff more challenging to do, sure.. but it makes it more enjoyable too. The day I "have" to box to progress, like it is on SoD now, is the day I will get bored and stop playing it.

Hard part would be making all of the content or at least quest stuff soloable.

A lot of stuff requires more than one toon and very often it isnt easy to find people willing to sit and camp one thing that only benefits one person.

Hard part would be making all of the content or at least quest stuff soloable.

A lot of stuff requires more than one toon and very often it isnt easy to find people willing to sit and camp one thing that only benefits one person.
Oh, I totally get that, it can sometimes be hard to go help somebody knowing you get little in return... except maybe the expectation that when you need something similar, they should feel obligated to help.
Another issue here, is that it seems much of the newer content is designed around the idea of people having all the buffs, because everybody has a list of buff bots. And it is just so tedious to go through and buff up, then log that toon for your box to buff it, just so you can go do something. And if you need a port somewhere, and one of those toons isn't a porter, you have to do the account-two-step for that also. Just too many un-fun things to overcome.

But we should probably stop shitting up their thread with this SoD stuff I guess.

Last edited:
we have addressed the port issue if you look at reavers patch notes :), the only way to change things on the server is talk about it and see if we can come up with a compromise. Which I am glad to say that we are pretty receptive to feedback. Did I mention that corpse runs are no longer a thing! thats a big change

we have addressed the port issue if you look at reavers patch notes :), the only way to change things on the server is talk about it and see if we can come up with a compromise. Which I am glad to say that we are pretty receptive to feedback. Did I mention that corpse runs are no longer a thing! thats a big change
Wait.. when did that go through? I know it was discussed the other day (or was it late last week?)

Back
Top Bottom