Alpha Invites Sent

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
For folks who signed up for beta, we sent out alpha invites late last night - check your email! It's a pretty small batch right now, but we're hoping to expand that out soon.

A good idea is to make a backup copy of your UI files once you get it re-configured how you like it. This way whatever reset / crashes, etc happen, you don't have to spend all that time putting all your windows back where you want them and re-typing macros, etc.

There are 2 files you need and want to save someplace safe. They are located in your new 2.5 directory. I've used <NAME> to be generic, there are no <>'s, just the character's name.

<NAME>_SOD25
UI_<NAME>_SOD25

The first one contains your a few things including Abilities, HotButtons and Socials (ie Macros).
The second one contains the data for the physical layout of your UI ... window positions, etc.

(I placed this post in this thread because I wasn't able to create a new thread in this forum).

Group bugs took longer than we thought to work out, but after many hours of Taryth's stolen from him, are mostly fixed. KLS also got the HP calc issue fixed and Slaar did a ton of the strings.

Basically, we are well on our way, and will expand once the current group finds bugs slower than we can keep up fixing them.

Vaguely, I would say a week or two. But this is a progressing thing with many unknowns!

Nod, I can give an answer on this.

I was hoping to do it this week actually, but I was rather taken aback as Wold said by the group bugs. While I think the majority have been fixed (at least to the point of being usable), we're seeing a similar issue with skills. So my entire week has been spent investigating that and finding out how we need to fix it. Damn you skills that can go above 250.

The reason we are holding off is that even with a small subset of alpha testers it's easy to get 3 or 4 issues repeated, or very similar. So for example, not being to skill up in 1HB (which is a problem for only some users right now) might also mean not skilling up in Defense or something for that same user, or maybe someone else. Same core problem, just a different variant. So unfortunately it adds a lot of noise to the bug reporting process which is compounded by adding more folks.

This is certainly not the fault of the testers - actually we only have a TRUE scope of the issue because of the great reports we already got! Rather it's just kind of the way blind testing works. So we're working feverishly to make that skill issue go away. Once that's done, the fact that we've got strings and groups at least reasonably handled means we should be able to proceed. I know existing testers would really like to get more folks to group with, too. :)

Awesome. It keeps me more motivated knowing that there are quite a few bugs and you guys are working hard on it.

Cant wait till SoD is filled with EQEMU players and we are able to launch a new expansion.

Thanks for the update guys. Keep up the good work.

Yeah it's definitely not a case of "well, we're shelving it." I've been working on it pretty steadily, it's just that there are some major disconnects. One of the folks who helped kick off the project had RL things come up, which is part of why this is taking longer than anticipated, but it is indeed getting done. It's also giving me some really great insight into how some of the more bizarre pieces of the game work.

Back
Top Bottom