Alignment Hits for Fame - Suggestion

Daffie

Dalayan Pious Diety
As the title suggests, it would be cool to be able to purchase alignment hits with fame. It occurred to me that many of us have jacked up our alignment over the years, especially with our first characters, and it may be beyond repair via questing...

I would consider purchasing alignment Hits for my shaman if the cost vs. reward was balanced appropriately. I'm sure others would do the same.

I am not a fan of this since it is spending resources that semi-exist outside of the world for in world stuff that directly effects character power. Toys and titles and race changes (all of which should have their fame costs reduced, but I digress) are one thing but alignment rests on an uncomfortable border.

That said, I really really really think there should be some repeatedable quest to grind alignment. Currently alignment mostly boils down to your sometimes ambiguous responses to a handful of questions throughout the game. Where is the necromancer outside Kelethin who wants endless bags of citizens' heads? The altruistic druid who needs your aid subduing the infected animals in the badlands so they may be healed of their affliction? The paladin corp attempting to restore order during riots in Underhill? The thieves guild in Newport taking a serious bite of crime?

It just seems silly to me that you are playing a RPG and want your character to be a certain way, which is fairly important, and have very limited options for controlling how you are perceived through actions.

Obviously, some repeatable quests would be best. We talked in game about Galelor's alignment being fucked and diety picked before we had any idea what that stuff was... now he most likely hosed. Lots of dudes have this problem.

I suggested the fame thing because fame is tough to come by. You are basically only getting fame if you have been around for a while (making it to the rare gm events), or have done some significant good deed for the server. When was the last time there was an in game event other than dice that had fame rewards? I think the last one I made it to was the level 1 funny name event in the arena.

(Ps - Some of the racial abilities are pretty strong...)

Fame, in my opinion, is for fun and interesting toys. Also my opinion: it's far too difficult to come by.

I don't see the harm in allowing someone who may have played the game for only three years to have accumulated enough for something like a title.

Not really the point of this thread, but I agree with the point of the thread too, if not the use of fame to accomplish it. I would guess that a lot of people make quest dialogue choices on their way to 65 with little knowledge of how few opportunities there really are to correct a mistake. I know I did. Luckily, I'm just evil.

I am in the process of getting alignment on my cleric. Even with the various cleric-specific opportunities, one lawful hit has made me unsure if I'll be able to get Completely Chaotic. New players probably don't realize that there are potential chaotic hits that are only available before joining Blackscale/CoI/SC or the importance of some dialogue in a level 10 cleric quest and have it even worse. Hell that's the main reason I went Pariah on Susvain when I was new, that and being told incorrect information about deities in OOC. Some alternatives for alignment hits would be a very good thing, I don't know if fame is the way to go though. Maybe something similar to the bounty faction fixing that Slaar put in recently?

Quests for faction grinds do exist, some of the ones mentioned here (like helping animals, continual turn-inable bounties outside/inside a city) are already in game, they are just not very popular and are relatively unknown. It's been mentioned before that if your not a rogue or a bard, that to get to max Chaotic faction is difficult, I'd like to see some more quests for it. (I've never made a chaotic character, so I do not know personally)

If you like bounties and want good faction though, you should hit up my good friend Master Reconciliator Gorbix in the Thurgadin bounty hunters guild hall. Who is has a large set of faction fix/reset quests.

Can't bards and rogues get unlimited chaotic hits though?
Quests for faction grinds do exist, some of the ones mentioned here (like helping animals, continual turn-inable bounties outside/inside a city) are already in game, they are just not very popular and are relatively unknown. It's been mentioned before that if your not a rogue or a bard, that to get to max Chaotic faction is difficult, I'd like to see some more quests for it. (I've never made a chaotic character, so I do not know personally)

If you like bounties and want good faction though, you should hit up my good friend Master Reconciliator Gorbix in the Thurgadin bounty hunters guild hall. Who is has a large set of faction fix/reset quests.
Faction != Alignment.

Ah yeah according to the wiki it's only the first 5 turnins for Breaking and Entering, I thought it used to give chaotic hits forever.

Back
Top Bottom