Agnarr - POP Locked Progression

Did they ever fix casters to not be amazing overpowered due to casting revamps that are not "classic"? I recall rolling a melee was basically worthless in the first few progression servers due to this problem.

Did they ever fix casters to not be amazing overpowered due to casting revamps that are not "classic"? I recall rolling a melee was basically worthless in the first few progression servers due to this problem.

Yeah they nerfed pets in general and added some kind of augs, im not sure which augs got put in but from i heard they did that to balance melee toons. Shaman dots got nerfed as well.

Raids mobs are also buffed, iv heard it went from the standard 32k hp to 2mil for classic raid mobs.

I will admit I'm a bitter asshole, however I just don't understand the appeal. If you truly desire to relive classic Everquest then there seems to be other servers that are free and will deliver a closer experience.

I will admit I'm a bitter asshole, however I just don't understand the appeal. If you truly desire to relive classic Everquest then there seems to be other servers that are free and will deliver a closer experience.

im playing with kise and thats a good enough reason for this.

Retail has instanced raiding and advanced looting. Not all progression servers have instanced raiding, but Angarr will. IDK if I could ever play EQ again without these two features. I don't think any of the free EMU's offer these features. There is also zone load balancing. If an exp zone gets too many players, another instance (pick) will spawn to accommodate more players. These features make for, IMO, a much better gaming experience.

Don't think of the servers as classic, because they are not. If you want "classic", you play p99. If you want to have fun and not have to poopsock, you play on the progression servers.

Yeah they nerfed pets in general and added some kind of augs, im not sure which augs got put in but from i heard they did that to balance melee toons. Shaman dots got nerfed as well.

Raids mobs are also buffed, iv heard it went from the standard 32k hp to 2mil for classic raid mobs.

Melee have been changed. Monk fist damage, general damage calcuclations, and they did add some augs. Some stun, some dot, some do DD proc. They seem to benefit warriors the most.

Shamans are due to be un-nerfed on the next patch. They changed DoTs for the live servers and got some unintended results on the progression servers.

Mitigation of the Mighty is the buff on raid mobs. MotM reduces the amount of damage the mob takes.

I play on Phinigel and it's a blast. I am guilded with several old SoD players.

I will probably roll a toon or two on Agnarr to see the initial rush, but I dont want to raid the same content again. I'm looking forward to GoD, OOW, DoN, and other content that I've never seen.

I'm looking into play agnarr when it launches. I tried playing on Phinigel a bit but I made the fatal mistake of rolling an enchanter on that server. Thinking of making a necro on agnarr. Also considering playing a rogue but they seem really bad until kunark

I'm looking into play agnarr when it launches. I tried playing on Phinigel a bit but I made the fatal mistake of rolling an enchanter on that server. Thinking of making a necro on agnarr. Also considering playing a rogue but they seem really bad until kunark

Should be a monk again, their going to be top dps throughout all of it.

TFO is recruiting and forming static groups for launch if anyone is wanting to nerd it up.

http://facelessgaming.org/
been considering apping here, I've got a ton of free time available these days. my only concern is how I'm going to make plat as a single client monk. Obviously duo/trio etc is an option, but relying on others isn't always fun. I'm also pretty unfamiliar with pull mechanics etc on eqlive. been considering playing a necro to start off with, not entirely sure what I'm gonna go with yet. Going to try to get some advice from multiple sources

been considering apping here, I've got a ton of free time available these days. my only concern is how I'm going to make plat as a single client monk. Obviously duo/trio etc is an option, but relying on others isn't always fun. I'm also pretty unfamiliar with pull mechanics etc on eqlive. been considering playing a necro to start off with, not entirely sure what I'm gonna go with yet. Going to try to get some advice from multiple sources

hell plat is easy to get, if u want to farm krono at launch make a dark elf enchanter get to level 8 and do the stein of moggok quest over and over, those will sell for 2krono a pop and u can farm 2 or 3 steins an hour.

hell plat is easy to get, if u want to farm krono at launch make a dark elf enchanter get to level 8 and do the stein of moggok quest over and over, those will sell for 2krono a pop and u can farm 2 or 3 steins an hour.
I'd rather do literally anything but make an enchanter of any kind. I'm mostly thinking long term, for when kunark/velious/pop stuff is out etc. Just want the option to solo when other people aren't available or solo farm AA etc and I don't think monk will afford me that luxury.

i don't understand the appeal either. if they had classic zones/mob textures it would be 10x more appealing to me.

Quote from the website, new patch on TC.

"Classic monsters across Norrath, celebrate! In classic zones (Lost Dungeons of Norrath and earlier), many creatures have reverted to their classic appearance. This change affects the following models: skeleton, bat, rat, snake, spider, drake, orc, goblin, puma, lion, kobold, zombie, mummy, basilisk/alligator, spectre, and wolf."

Source here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...e-05-09-17-patch-notes-and-discussion.240325/

Sadly still no luck on them reverting old zones.

Back
Top Bottom