Advice for new player please hallllppppp

Timmypwns

Dalayan Beginner
I want to duo and I know a good bit about the game but I need help picking a good duo for 65 grinding my way to good tier should I play shadow knight and shaman
Warrior and cleric or pally and Druid just want to be able to duo at 65 good exp and money and hopefully get in raids I know each tank is good at something so which is better for all my duo needs

Play an SK and cleric if you want to tank and healer. You will be able to get in almost any guild with the cleric once you have the required XP.

Any of those boxes can duo good xp and money at 65. If you want into raids Cleric is your golden ticket. Shaman is like a bronze ticket. Tanks and Druids are like poorly counterfeited tickets printed on cow chips. The only tank I wouldn't pair with a Cleric is Paladin because you dps will be abysmal and you would be playing a Paladin. Otherwise, the other two tanks work and have certain benefits which mainly boils down to better dps/mitigation v. FD/Vortex, but other stuff too.

You could also consider branching out to a semi-tanky dps like Rangers, Monks, Rangers, Bards, or Rangers. Monks are broken right now, so they are totally not Rangers. Bards are okay, but Rangers. Now with Rangers you get a Ranger which is totally Ranger.

Any of those are solid duo's, and a lot of it depends on preference.

For myself I would stay away from the pally for a brand new duo. Pally's are great, but have low dps compared to warrior and SK. SK and warrior comes to play style. SK gives you a lot of utility tools (especially FD) and highest burst damage of the tanks, which lets you kill harder stuff on your own earlier. Warrior is a lot of fun since the revamp a couple of years ago, is an active playstyle without having to deal with mana, probably highest consistent dps, and mitigates like nothing else letting you plow through farm/exp mobs.

For the healer, assuming the tank is your main, I would avoid the shaman. Shaman's are great in the first half of tiers and buffless due to canni, but eventually fall off due to mediocre single heal out put and virtually no group option. I would only consider a shaman really with a pally as the shaman brings good single target dps and the pally makes up for group heals in exp. Don't get me wrong, shamans are amazing to have in a raid, but having played a low tier one and high tier one, but eventually you get into situations where you just can't put out enough heals alone. Druids are amazing for a duo, they are perfect quest, snipe and farm bots, allowing you to clear a bunch of spawns, evac and start again. With a tank as the other half of your duo, it would be rare that you get into situations the druid couldn't heal you through for farming/questing. Cleric is the power choice; don't fool yourself into thinking the slow of a shaman will let you tank the hardest mobs at your gear level. I can't think of a situation where a shaman would be able to keep up with healing while pausing to canni that a cleric couldn't easily heal through (duo at least). End game you won't even have to cast heals with your cleric unless you screw up or are duoing raid mobs, you just autoattack. If I were picking a brand new healer to duo with a brand new tank I would probably go druid, especially since it has the added bonus of being the least likely to get picked over your tank by a guild.

Edit: Yes if you are ok using your healer to leverage the tank into raids, cleric is the way to go.

Last edited:
Ok so if my brother was to let me have his 39 sk how could I power level a cleric or is that even possible?

I have a Dru/SK combo and I love it! I leveled fairly fast and easy, there is little I can't do with then. SK make great tanks, put out good DPS and backed up with druid buffs, DAMAGE SHIELD which really helps a lot, and heals you're rocking.

I would recommend warrior/cleric because spells can be confusing for a new player, especially for 2 classes with them (you have to buy each and every one). Warriors are pretty simple and get the job done, but this is just my opinion.

So I have a 40 warrior now instead of a sk my brother gave me but he's nekked minus a ring a mask and a Bp and he gave me a shield of Freeport I'm trying to sell any easy to get gear or something I can get to armor him up?

I want to duo and I know a good bit about the game but I need help picking a good duo for 65 grinding my way to good tier should I play shadow knight and shaman
Warrior and cleric or pally and Druid just want to be able to duo at 65 good exp and money and hopefully get in raids I know each tank is good at something so which is better for all my duo needs
look for xerokine always got room in the group man just hit me up or anyone whos on me

So what do we have here?
  • A guy who is asking for advice on how to gear up his WAR.
  • A second guy offering help with that whenever he is on.
  • A third guy who appaarently misunderstood said offer as a rent-out-a-toon kinda deal, lashing out.
  • That second guy biteing back.
  • And a fourth guy with an unrelated trollpost.
Really guys. Please use your brains and remain civil here.

So people fighting aside I have just said fuck it and made a new duo war/cleric both leave 23 dragthones is the war if anyone has any helpful tips or what's to help just shoot me a tell or if my lowly scrub self can help :)

So people fighting aside I have just said fuck it and made a new duo war/cleric both leave 23 dragthones is the war if anyone has any helpful tips or what's to help just shoot me a tell or if my lowly scrub self can help :)
some tips: make friends in high places, get good at boxing, and be willing to play/box other characters/classes other than your own. I think half the reason people tolerated my antics was because I was semi-willing to box most anything and could do it without fucking up.

some tips: make friends in high places, get good at boxing, and be willing to play/box other characters/classes other than your own. I think half the reason people tolerated my antics was because I was semi-willing to box most anything and could do it without fucking up.
Thanks for that tip :D I have to deff learn healing when it comes to groups not just my duo but I know how to play shamans for the most part bstlords I can pull raids with monks so I know a tiny bit

Back
Top Bottom