Adept Zones

Elysium

Dalayan Adventurer
So judging from the past few months, Adept mobs are a big hit. However, one thing I find (with the exception of Lord Commander in MielB) is that it's just one mob all alone, begging to be picked off, with no real journey up to him. How about a zone where you can't be higher than a certain level to enter? It would be complete with "trash mobs" and multiple nameds that a well-organized group of 24+ players could go in and take down.

I think this would be really fun, and would give aspiring raid guilds a chance to not only gear up, but to learn raid tactics as well.

Sounds like an interesting concept. Granted I think it would take a fair bit of coding, but it would definatly be worth the effort.

I think its kinda lame to block entire zones from the majority of the population because some ppl that are lv 20-30 want more adepts :p

(i dont know if ur 20-30, was just an example)

Elysium said:
So judging from the past few months, Adept mobs are a big hit. However, one thing I find (with the exception of Lord Commander in MielB) is that it's just one mob all alone, begging to be picked off, with no real journey up to him. How about a zone where you can't be higher than a certain level to enter? It would be complete with "trash mobs" and multiple nameds that a well-organized group of 24+ players could go in and take down.

I think this would be really fun, and would give aspiring raid guilds a chance to not only gear up, but to learn raid tactics as well.

This sounds interesting!

I'm right about to give you a forum suspension if you don't start contributing to the threads you post in.

This sounds alot like Ldon, only in that its just for specific levels, where Ldon could be instanced to fit any level's need within 7 levels. I really enjoyed Ldon on Live, but then again, I really enjoy alot of SoD, that most don't. :p

I still say its an interesting concept however it has to be done purely in moderation since whiel it seems levels' 20-305ish seem to be that grey area where everyone wants to get past we have to leave most of the game open.

Thing is would people that are higher than the level cap simply not be allowed into the zone or would they be allowed in but not allowed to kill?

I think an adept only zone at that low of a level is probably not that great of an idea - it's one of those levels where you absorb content fairly quickly and level at a quick pace.

Perhaps 2 adept zones. One with a max engage of 40 and another with a max enage of 55-60.

This would give a good start to smaller guilds and keep the 60+ from targeting the zone for raids. I would think that having multiple named and the need for different tactics would help people learn advanced raiding skills, and also allow for smaller guilds (non ruin/leacy) to gear up and get stronger.

Bone said:
Perhaps 2 adept zones. One with a max engage of 40 and another with a max enage of 55-60.

This would give a good start to smaller guilds and keep the 60+ from targeting the zone for raids. I would think that having multiple named and the need for different tactics would help people learn advanced raiding skills, and also allow for smaller guilds (non ruin/leacy) to gear up and get stronger.

This is basically what I was imagining. I don't understand how this is a slippery slope.

If your gonna implement zones of varying levels, you may as well just use the LDoN thing and make it a zone that pops according to average level of the group....an instanced zone where only your party can enter; and only a party all within 7 levels of each other. This way the zone can be used by any level group, dunno if this can be done on SoD, but it would be way cool to have a place where you can take a group and know that no other group will train you, no high-ends will enter and steal your kills, and no high end alts to make life too easy. Drops could be suited to that lvl and be decent drops, in comparison to how hard the group had to work to accomplish the kills. Unfortunately tho, many people once they been through the instanced zone about 100 times, kinda get sick of it, even with Live having a few different ones in different places. Though I don't understand why when they grind over and over again in the same zone on the same mobs all the time too; really the instance is better because you don't have to deal with the negative issues open zones have. The only negative issue I found with the instanced zone was that not everyone can spend the time it takes to get to the end where all the good drops are, especially after spending quite some time trying to get the group together and all to one place.
Oh well, just a suggestion, I'm not gonna cry if it's never implemented, but it is a neat idea and I would use it should it be implemented.

chelkey said:
If your gonna implement zones of varying levels, you may as well just use the LDoN thing and make it a zone that pops according to average level of the group....an instanced zone where only your party can enter; and only a party all within 7 levels of each other. This way the zone can be used by any level group, dunno if this can be done on SoD, but it would be way cool to have a place where you can take a group and know that no other group will train you, no high-ends will enter and steal your kills, and no high end alts to make life too easy. Drops could be suited to that lvl and be decent drops, in comparison to how hard the group had to work to accomplish the kills. Unfortunately tho, many people once they been through the instanced zone about 100 times, kinda get sick of it, even with Live having a few different ones in different places. Though I don't understand why when they grind over and over again in the same zone on the same mobs all the time too; really the instance is better because you don't have to deal with the negative issues open zones have. The only negative issue I found with the instanced zone was that not everyone can spend the time it takes to get to the end where all the good drops are, especially after spending quite some time trying to get the group together and all to one place.
Oh well, just a suggestion, I'm not gonna cry if it's never implemented, but it is a neat idea and I would use it should it be implemented.

I'm not talking about little zones for one group. They have a couple of those already (like Cmal). I mean a raid zone that can't be entered by people over a certain level, to prevent farming. As for having randomly generated dungeons, I really don't believe that to be real content, and I personally find it boring as hell.

I think the idea of whole zones like that is a bit over the top. I also think it could in some cases discourage guilds from progressing, which would be a shame. Guild Message of the Day: Everyone get to level 37 and don't budge an inch! Anyone who levels just a couple levels ahead of the guild is suddenly excluded from the guild's activities, and so on. It just seems a little sketchy.

What I could see, on the other hand, is developing a couple of the less utilized, less populated zones and sticking in a little corner of minor adepts with a boss here and there. Not a full zone, just a small area of one, where you might have a few "adept" mobs with abilities that require some organization but aren't really a huge challenge, followed by one serious adept with a couple of guards.

Or possibly even just group adepts. Four adept mobs, each weaker relative to a lone adept of the same engage level, who can't be split. It might be difficult to work it out, of course. Maybe make it so that they're spawned by a trigger, and if you don't kill them all they despawn so you don't get any loot. It might need to be made so that when they're all killed, it spawns some simple mob that can be killed for the loot (just to ensure that you can't kill one, wipe, come back, rinse and repeat).

I dunno, just throwing some ideas out there. Personally, I think adepts are great. Their abilities are varied (<3 Tarx) and they stay interesting. A group of adepts like that would just add one more dimension, and would provide some of the tactical training opportunities that people here are advocating. They also wouldn't provide the kind of incentive not to level that you'd get with an entire adept zone or something that extreme.

Back
Top Bottom