Account Recovery

angust

Dalayan Beginner
Hello all,

I'm having an issue recovering my account and I'm posting on here in the hope that someone from the staff can intervene or someone from the community has some useful advice.

SO my situation is that I played this lovely game quite a bit with my friends way back in the day. It was so long ago that I can't even really remember, but I think it was around 2008. In the intervening years, I completely forgot about this game until earlier today when it came up in conversation and on a whim I looked it up and was amazed to see it is still going strong. My amazement doubled when I used the character lookup tool to see that my old characters were all still saved! I spent the rest of the day trying to remember the old email I used to register my account and I finally managed to recover my account, reset my password, install the client, etc etc and log in. All good right? No. The problem is that I've recovered my ALT account. Just a handful of characters from 1-20 that I mostly just dorked around and used to occasionally transfer items or buffbot with. None of the mains that I poured 99% of my time and effort into. And I've completely exhausted my memory for old email domains and account names that I might've used to register my main account, none of them return any hits when using the account recovery tool.

So in short, here's my problem: I can't remember the email address or the account name associated with my main account. It's just been too long. \
The only thing I can remember are the names of several of my characters on that account.

Is there any way I can regain access to this account?
Is there any way to look up the email address associated with the account that my characters are on?
Is there any way to prove to the staff that this is MY account?

Does anyone have any tips or ideas that I might've overlooked that could help me sleuth my way back to my old email? Please help, I'm a little desperate. I'd love to start playing again, but I don't want to start over on all my mains...

Your best shot is to contact staff in SoD Discord. There is a permanent invite to that on SoD main page.

Your forum account back then (I see a post from November of 2008) is probably linked to your email at that time. Go under your account settings to see if that's the email address?

That is an excellent suggestion, but unfortunately it is tied to my alt account for some reason.
But fortunately, the admins were able to verify I was the owner of the account and they restored my access!
Huzzah!

That is an excellent suggestion, but unfortunately it is tied to my alt account for some reason.
But fortunately, the admins were able to verify I was the owner of the account and they restored my access!
Huzzah!

admins getting all my credit.

Back
Top Bottom