AA's or levels?

totillion

Dalayan Beginner
I've got a character up to level 55 and I was wondering how I should spend my xp? Should I pump it into leveling and get up to 65 then start worrying about AA's? Or should I put it all in AA's?

Are there benefits either way? Any help anyone might offer would be well appreciated. Thanks!

I'm a druid, if class makes a difference...

depends on your play style man. if you have a duo i say stay at 55 for a bit and et some cash and AAs in lasanth for a bit. also do the same if you usually dont play for long periods of time.

IF YOU DO PLAY A LOT

rush to 65 and join the rest of us on the raiding game.

Quite a few people subscribe to the "51, Innate Run Speed 3, then 65, then AAs" school of thought.

Since you're a druid, this is only something I'd recommend if you spend time in indoors zone (in which SoW is not an option).

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I am a casual player (an admitted alt-a-holic) and unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to spend on raiding.

I kind was kind of thinking that I should build up my AA's for a while making me more powerful at the current level. Then once I decide to get to level up to 65 it should make the progressions easier. That's my thinking anyway.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I am a casual player (an admitted alt-a-holic) and unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to spend on raiding.

I kind was kind of thinking that I should build up my AA's for a while making me more powerful at the current level. Then once I decide to get to level up to 65 it should make the progressions easier. That's my thinking anyway.

That's fine too.

55 is the best level to get AAs at , because Tunnels of Lasanth zone is awesome xp and is very easy with groups.

Ya, this is a fun question... No real right answer, its all upto your play style.

1) people say YES 65, get to 65!! dont do AA's until your 65 so you can go raiding...
- myth: people that are 65 with little to no aa's go raiding...
+fact: people looking for xp groups for 65 often ask, how may aa's/tomes you have, espically if you are dps/tank/healer (I think the only onces that get a pass on this are enchanters).

2) a few people say get a good base of aa's at 51 and exp hard at 65 for more aa's...
+fact: this works well if you are 2 boxing or have a group of friends you are leveling up with.

3) a very few people are crazy (like me) and farm the crap out of Lasanth at 55 (My Konad did 80 aa's in about 4 days of xping there, granted I spent 8 to 12 hours a day (soloing)).. Solo xps in lasanth at 55, is godly. Its truely the best thing in the game.
- myth: grouping will level you faster in lasanth at 55.
+fact: soloing with a box druid/cleric not in group but off healing you is friggin amazing (keep in mind this only works for characters that can take hits).

Bottomline: Dont let people push ya one way or the other, I did level up my rogue abit too early. I could have easyly started for until I was well in my 120ish aa's. I believe theres some points where aa's do slow down, Im not sure if its 51th aa (is a break point) and 101th aa is another.

staying at 55 to farm aa's is fun if you are twinked abit. level 59 has some very good aa's but you can buy them at 55 :p

The druid pet is pretty good when you are lvl 55 too.

I did the rush to 65 thing with the rest of my guild. But you miss a lot of fun doing that. I make alts to try to enjoy that part of the game now. It really is up to you, but you may enjoy taking your time in the 50's and 60's.

Konad speaks a lot of facts.

I came on SoD in May with 0 friends, and more or less... not much experience in EQ soloing in general. I picked the game fast and enjoyed a bit content... but I tried to rush to 65 so i could help my Real life friends have it easier ( that's a big +, they are using my chars now ) . But fact is, as soon as I got to 65 after 2 months of heavy learning and grinding alone, i reached a peak. Disillusionned by what I could have never foreseen :

I could not find one damn group.

Not that there wasn't any, but like he said you needed AAs and Tomes... what the hell were tomes ( lol ) ? It took a lot of dedication, diplomacy and a big hit of luck to grind the AAs ( i had no gear and did not invest ). Luckily for me, a few good souls did not mind too much having a hard working ranger in their group even though i used to be '' terrible '' . Good time !

So back to the subject... all this really to say, take YOUR time and enjoy the game. 65 is a totally different world. Guilds are a totally different world. And you might not be ready.

Regards

Jadelia

Having taken like 3 years to get to 34ish, then going from 34-65 in a month or two, I can say I rushed as much as a non-twinked, non-power-leveled, first character of a guy who does not min-max, has limited play time and probably isn't that great at the game can.

I missed out on a lot and am REALLY looking forward to having fun with some of my alts. I have killed most of the earliest adepts but nothing past 30 or so. I've killed in Lasanth but not very long. I've never seen probably 20 areas in the 30-60 stretch, etc. With my first character I went to 65 ASAP with only run speed 3 and I can say I am not disappointed because I'm in a fun, casual, helpful and friendly guild. When I hit about 55 I started getting in on guild group nights and such, and I've REALLY enjoyed my 55 and up experiences.

My goal on my next characters is to enjoy the 30-55 just as much and not worry so much about having to get to 65 in order to be able to see the real game... that said, yeah, it's way different at 65 if you don't happen to be associated with people who want you around just because you're friends. At 20-something AA's and VE-Mod map/mid-tier tradeskill gear, I'm sure I still would not be invited to most of those groups and guilds.

Myth: 65 chars with no AAs cannot get groups
Fact: While you will not get the top xp spots, you can get into other xp groups. EW orcs, DN rat city, Elds entrance, maps... there are a lot of places you can go at 65 with no AA.

If you want to stick around in the 50s for AA, do it. If you want to be 65, do it. Thats the bottom line.

I did the 65 rush on my mains, sk/shm, and i enjoyed it at the time. Then the AA grind got me down. So i made cler/ench for the guild, and a bst to adventure-band PL them. Turns out i had more fun levelling the three, interesting box duos, and also with a guildie, than i did with my mains. Currently im farming AA's and smoothing out the bst/cleric gear (thurg etc) at 55. i missed all the adepts on my mains, hopefully there's a few left on my alts, but yeah im having much more fun at 55 than i am at 65, take it as you will.

imo: if you arent wanting to rush up set aa to 90% and level xp to 10% and forget about it until you hit 65.

That way you still advance on both, but it gives you a sub-game of watching the bars race each other too. This is what i tend to do to any toons that hit 51 but are not ones i want to raid with. I still advance levels for new toys, but i also get a very good amount of aa's to play with on the way.

If you decide you are sick of a level range, just turn aa off until you get to where you want, then go back to 90/10. It does break the monotony of only doing one or the other...

I think I want to stay 55 just so I can be the player with the highest number of AAs under 65. :p

Who is your 55 guy?

I think I started the 55 aa movement on konad, people called me crazy and some people even admired me, any event... I got a new twink project called http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=toemo the homo... damn dirty halflings. I now know why Dimmi wants a box of them, they just wont die. I even dodge death with a /cm suicide command.. grrrr must admit the dodging death messge is funny to see.

I have a few who are AAing at 57. But I thought it made more sense to get the two levels to be able to raid Traek. While some Traek raids will allow a level 55, priority tends to go to those at 57.

Who is your 55 guy?

I think I started the 55 aa movement on konad, people called me crazy and some people even admired me, any event... I got a new twink project called http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=toemo the homo... damn dirty halflings. I now know why Dimmi wants a box of them, they just wont die. I even dodge death with a /cm suicide command.. grrrr must admit the dodging death messge is funny to see.

Don't have one yet. My main is Lykos - 38 paladin. I meant when I get there. I have to admit that the idea of abandoing leveling for AAs (with my play style) has some real merit. I'm sure I'll get sucked into the seduction of seeing the upper end bosses though.

Very nice stuff you got there as a newbie, you will be seeing flashes of toe in lasanth in no time, heck I might even group up with ya in there :)

Back
Top Bottom