AA descriptions / changes post 2.5

Haenir

Dalayan Master
I've been slowly changing the wiki (and updating the dbstr file where I see issues) to reflect 2.5 AA setup and noticed a few things that raise some questions (since the wiki entries I'm using for pre-2.0 stuff are really outdated, it would be nice if people who know the answers to these questions -- i.e., someone who actually played these classes pre-2.5 -- would chime in).

If anyone has noticed issues with AA descriptions / # of AA / etc. in 2.5 you should post them here, since I'm already looking at this.

General questions
  • Description for Soulbond includes "You can have no more than 5 soulbonded buffs and debuffs on you at any one time." --- this isn't accurate anymore, right?
  • Pet Discipline was replaced with Shared Power a while back, right?
Necro questions
  • Client says Lifeburn cooldown is 2:24:00 --- old wiki entry has 1:12:00, was this a change with 2.5?
  • Client says Leechstorm cooldown is 0:36:00 -- old wiki entry has 1:12:00, was this a change with 2.5?
  • Client says Vampiric Lore improves lifetap health -- should be crit blast chance right?
Magician questions
  • Client says cost of Barrier Ward is 9 aa points -- old wiki entry has cost at 5 aa points, was this a change with 2.5?
  • Quick Damage is listed as an AA in client -- old wiki entry doesn't include this AA at all?
Wizard questions
  • Client says Fury of the Ashes (improved life fire) is now activated and has no requirement to purchase Life Fire first -- is this even working atm? Should be passive and require that base AA first.
  • Life Fire now has two ranks shown in client -- old wiki entry shows 1 rank
  • Client says Mana Burn cooldown is 1:12:00 -- old wiki entry has 2:24:00, was this a change with 2.5?
Druid questions
  • Spell Casting Deftness is not an AA -- used to be?
  • Spell Casting Subtlety is not an AA -- used to be?
  • Spell Casting Expertise is not an AA - used to be?
  • Maxed out druid spends 546 AA -- the total I get should be 540 (likely the 2nd or 3rd rank of some AA has changed in terms of cost)

Last edited:
Wizard questions
  • Client says Fury of the Ashes (improved life fire) is now activated and has no requirement to purchase Life Fire first -- is this even working atm? Should be passive and require that base AA first.
  • Life Fire now has two ranks shown in client -- old wiki entry shows 1 rank
  • Client says Mana Burn cooldown is 1:12:00 -- old wiki entry has 2:24:00, was this a change with 2.5?
Just tested these:
Fury of the Ashes - you can buy it after you spend the required points in general and archetype. If you hotkey it and cast it, it casts the spell "Allegiant Familiar".
Life fire has 2 ranks and they cost 9 each. The AA works, as I am loading in to ToE...
Mana burn recast time is 1:12:00 according to the client.

Cleric Questions
  • Bestow Divine Aura shows a 10 min cooldown (old wiki data shows 2.5 hour cooldown) -- pretty sure this was changed pre-2.5?
  • Celestial Renewal is currently an activated ability which does nothing -- should be passive enhancement of Celestial Regeneration.
  • Maxed out Cleric spends 546 AA -- the total I get should be 540 (likely the 2nd or 3rd rank of some AA has changed in terms of cost)
Shaman Questions
  • Drowsed Thoughts shows a 36 min cooldown (old wiki data shows 2 hour cooldown) -- changed pre-2.5?
  • Maxed out Shaman spends 540 AA -- the total I get should be 537 (likely the 2nd or 3rd rank of some AA has changed in terms of cost)

Enchanter Questions
  • Subtle Mesmerization -- costs 2/4/6 (old wiki data shows 3/6/9)
  • Maxed out ENC spends 539 AA -- the total I get should be 530 (likely the 2nd or 3rd rank of some AA has changed in terms of cost)

Enchanter Questions
  • Subtle Mesmerization -- costs 2/4/6 (old wiki data shows 3/6/9)
  • Maxed out ENC spends 539 AA -- the total I get should be 530 (likely the 2nd or 3rd rank of some AA has changed in terms of cost)
I can say unequivocally that ENC AAs used to max at 545 in 2.0. Grinkles maxes at 539 currently, which is just the right amount to account for the change in cost of the Subtle Mesmerization AAs that you point out. I'm not sure where the 530 comes from, but it isn't a number I've ever come across with regard to ENC AAs, and I've been maxed since probably 2010.

So is Fury of the Ashes broken right now?
I'm not sure if it is adding to Life Fire's damage currently, but I doubt it does. For the time being, enjoy having access to an old EQ Live familiar that was supposed to have been buried in SoD! You get a bigger mana pool bonus, double the mana regen, and double the resist bonuses of the Relic familiar, but the pet doesn't seem to cast heals or mimic spells.

Last edited:
General AA question. Has anyone else noticed that the AA window no longer shows the CD time until ready to use? I used to be able to do paragon, then open the AA window and it'd show when I could use paragon again. This sadly isn't the case and I don't tryhard enough to have a timer.

Back
Top Bottom