A Writhing Larva (Sadri Malath Neck Quest)

jjstory2

Dalayan Beginner
Up to part 4 - The "Sane" Froglok, for Sadri gate neck

Trying to get ' A Writhing Larva ' to drop from ' a shadow scarab ' in MielB in order to progress to the next stage.

Been killing both the regular spawn scarabs x3 (west of jails) along with the 5 trap spawned scarabs. Id estimate over the last few weeks I have amassed around 150+ kills and no Larva drop, just ' beetle eyes ' and ' beetle legs '.

Please can you check if this drop is broken.

Since its been a week I thought I would try and see if any changes and also since no replies yet from staff.

Only stayed long enough for 3 rounds of spawns this time (21 kills)

..and now 2 of the trap spawned beetles are no longer spawning at all.

1067 -749 -248 ( T shaped pit area outside rogue master )
821 -1155 -206 ( north of Trisk spawn )

could be a case of the RNG feeding some hate your way. sucks but kill them for another couple hours and then considering posting again. sometimes spawns break, usually they just really hate everyone and have nothing your after.

Back when I would xp down thier I think after a week period of killing them along with frogs I got 1 to drop.

They seem pretty dam rare, so I wouldn't give up hope yet. The RNG will always hate you when your looking for a particular drop.

Up to part 4 - The "Sane" Froglok, for Sadri gate neck

Trying to get ' A Writhing Larva ' to drop from ' a shadow scarab ' in MielB in order to progress to the next stage.

Been killing both the regular spawn scarabs x3 (west of jails) along with the 5 trap spawned scarabs. Id estimate over the last few weeks I have amassed around 150+ kills and no Larva drop, just ' beetle eyes ' and ' beetle legs '.

Please can you check if this drop is broken.

Think you might just be getting screwed, every time I go through mielb I usually all but trip on 6 of the damn things on my way through.

Well once again took another trip to see if anything much changed, was nice to see the two missing scarabs are once again spawning.

Killed another 36 scarabs, got 18 legs, 13 eyes and surprise surprise no sign of the 'mythical' a Writhing Larva drop. Kill count is now well over the 200 mark and rising...

I really don't know if its just the RNG, but 200+ kills on a drop thats only 1 very small part of a quest seems way too rare.

Thanks to the guys who gave some feedback at least, its always nice to know someone is out there, although im sure you really didn't trip over 6 of them when you run through cos lets face it there are only 9 spawn spots total :)

Anyway.. I did put out a /petition to try and get to talk to someone about it in game and what I got in reply was since I have a post running on the Forums and its a matter for a Dev to look into anyway my /petition just got cancelled and was told to wait for a reply on the Forum.

Im gona take a break from killing these atm and see if someone will find the time to check if the drop is broken

I just wanted to add that I killed over 60 scarabs tonight and I didn't see one "a writhing larva"

Edit: now up to 96 and I know I didn't count a bunch. That means we are 0 for 300 between the 2 of us. I believe something must be wrong.

Edit: I went back and sadly I'm now at 140 kills, no larva.

Edit: 175 kills

Last edited:
I hate bumping and I'm sorry. But I would really like to continue this quest. Is it possible to get some kind of official response on this.

Thank you.

Some moonman developer overwrote the scarabs' loot code with code for some other quest. I've restored the drop, sorry about the delay.

Back
Top Bottom