a healer class tome idea

Zapple

Dalayan Elder
(some generic ass name about regeneration or regrowth or whatever, can't think of it anything. Just throwing an idea out there I had. Probably a druid tome? feel free to name this bad idea, friends)

Each tick of an applied Heal over Time spell has a chance to refresh the duration the max (essentially recasting the spell on the target(s)). 7.5%/15%/22.5%/30% chance and each time it reapplies via the tome, the chance halves until the HoT spell ends or the spell is overwritten by a new cast from a player. Values may be too high/too low? Don't know.

Feasible to code in? Good idea? Bad idea? Who knows.

30% sounds rather high. I don't play a druid so I could be wrong, but I think druids are already casting their next hot before they get the message about their last one fading. That means if they got an extra tick it would have just been wasted.

I will take anything that lets me put more exp into more books even if it is terrible or gets significantly changed later down the road a la Trackmaster.

yeah,more power ups for Druid HoTs,you cant be serious.
What about bringing them in line with Cle/Pal HoTs first ,aka make them last 4 ticks and NOT
stack.

What about bringing them in line with Cle/Pal HoTs first ,aka make them last 4 ticks and NOT
stack.
The whole point of druid hots is to make them stack. Im hoping you arent serious though because hots are what make druids viable healers. It isnt really a terrible idea and is actually pretty cool if numbers were adjusted properly

stack.

Give me your address, I'm going to send you a letter that reads "You are a moron."

can't forget the most important part " your tome of i love this but they just nerfed it now its worthless" emotes " awsome save yo mana free heals homie"

BEES ARE OUR FRIENDS:

While Relic:Doomswarm is active on a mob, that mobs main target will be healed for 70/80/90/100% of Relic:Doomswarm's damage.

Additionally Relic:Doomswarm's damage will be increased by 5/7.5/10/12.5%

sort of like how those cleric spells work (Martyr's Intercession etc.) but a dot.

If you could make it work with every dot so the druid wasn't forever bound to using one dot spell then I could see that being nice.

30% sounds rather high. I don't play a druid so I could be wrong, but I think druids are already casting their next hot before they get the message about their last one fading. That means if they got an extra tick it would have just been wasted.

It would be 30% when a hot is first cast, if it reapplies itself once then it becomes 15% chance during the duration of the first reapplication, then 7.5%, then 3.75% and so on until the hot runs out. It would just be a bonus kind of thing sort of like Tool of the Divine in a way that you don't and can't really count on but can add some extra heals at times.

Just an idea since we still have no second class tomes for healers and this idea seems better than most other ideas out there on this subject.

The whole point of druid hots is to make them stack. Im hoping you arent serious though because hots are what make druids viable healers. It isnt really a terrible idea and is actually pretty cool if numbers were adjusted properly

He's been threatened by druid hots since inception. There isn't any point in arguing.

BEES ARE OUR FRIENDS:

While Relic:Doomswarm is active on a mob, that mobs main target will be healed for 70/80/90/100% of Relic:Doomswarm's damage.

Additionally Relic:Doomswarm's damage will be increased by 5/7.5/10/12.5%

sort of like how those cleric spells work (Martyr's Intercession etc.) but a dot.

It sure would be nice if there was a pre-Tome solution to how terrible that relic and druid dots in general are, but anything would be nice.

What about a Tome that gives crits and/or overheal a chance to Vims?

It sure would be nice if there was a pre-Tome solution to how terrible that relic and druid dots in general are, but anything would be nice.

What about a Tome that gives crits and/or overheal a chance to Vims?
Not exactly sure what you are suggesting with tome to do with vims.
Overheal for a chance to cast runic: cascading vim would be outrageously over powered, procing a raid wide 20k heal lawl. Unless you mean the overheal has a chance to spread the amount over in the same way vim works, in which case that would be a terrible tome. Splitting a lets say 2k over heal possibly 18 ways.... OR you mean if your vim over heals it is spread out again, in which case is also not a very good idea considering the vim over heal on a person is minimal and splitting that minimal heal back out 18 ways again is garbage. And if you are getting enough overheal with vim to make that worth it, you are in a 6man situation and the vim would have topped everyone off to produce a overheal.

The idea Zapple has I think is decent in that it's at least useful in a sense for exp, but also I would really hate this tome as a druid. You are already casting the next hot to land as soon as the old one fades. So if it did proc additional tick it would be wasted since you wouldn't count on it ever procing or you would have to wait to see if the tome does proc in which case if it doesn't you wasted time that you could have had a hot on and have been doing regular heals. I feel like the tome would essentially be relatively useless in raid situation.

If this is druid class tome suggestion then I suggest a casting speed improvement :)

Last edited:
Druids are HoT Masters:
Druid hots gain 'mini tics' that go off 3 seconds after normal tics, healing for 8/16/24/32% of the normal amount.

Reduces the problem hots have with randomly ticcing on a full hp target, and just further cements druids as HoT-masters.

EG:
Relic HoT lands on a target and 2 seconds later the first tic goes off, healing might look like this (with 2 ranks done):
0s: HoT Lands
2s: Heals for 1000
5s: Heals for 160
8s: Heals for (2000 Crit)
11s: Heals for 160
14s: Heals for 1000
17s: Heals for (320 Crit)
20s: Heals for 1000
23s: Heals for 160

Maybe (maxed) 32% extra healing seems OP, but HoTs tic on full-hp targets so often already, and have other inherent disadvantages compared to up-front healing that they need a lot of efficiency to be be competitive.

Unless you mean the overheal has a chance to spread the amount over in the same way vim works, in which case that would be a terrible tome. Splitting a lets say 2k over heal possibly 18 ways....

That's the one. Thank you for speculating so thoroughly and telling me how awful each idea was though. The way you lowballed the overheal and then plugged it into the worst possible situation for such a tome to be useful was also pretty great.

In groups the healing from critical overheals vimming (verbed) to those neaby would be significant (-ly more than watching crits do jackall more than a regular heal) AND in raids a group heal could top off the entire raid AND a boss fight's worth of druid HoT overheal crits could easily be five digits of extra healing AND clerics can overheal for a shitload more than 2k on a crit AND shaman/cleric have two empty class tome slots AND since it isn't focus on HoTs it doesn't heavily favor druids AND it would be a mechanic that is gravy without throwing off your casting rotation AND it would make crits kind of exciting again. So yeah, a small crit during a raid would be pretty minor in itself, ya got me.

TLDR; hay guyz, remember when crits was gud?

Druids are HoT Masters:
Druid hots gain 'mini tics' that go off 3 seconds after normal tics, healing for 8/16/24/32% of the normal amount.

Reduces the problem hots have with randomly ticcing on a full hp target, and just further cements druids as HoT-masters.

EG:
Relic HoT lands on a target and 2 seconds later the first tic goes off, healing might look like this (with 2 ranks done):
0s: HoT Lands
2s: Heals for 1000
5s: Heals for 160
8s: Heals for (2000 Crit)
11s: Heals for 160
14s: Heals for 1000
17s: Heals for (320 Crit)
20s: Heals for 1000
23s: Heals for 160

Maybe (maxed) 32% extra healing seems OP, but HoTs tic on full-hp targets so often already, and have other inherent disadvantages compared to up-front healing that they need a lot of efficiency to be be competitive.

This I like. Really neat idea.

Talking about druids, since vim is a druid thing.
In groups the healing from critical overheals vimming (verbed) to those neaby would be significant (-ly more than watching crits do jackall more than a regular heal)
This is basically the cleric tome, over heal causes a portion of the over heal to spill over to the group. Which is a cool tome and i wish druids could have it. However, in a 6man context the "vim effect" doesn't matter because it's only your group and so you see numbers if you even crit when the person is 100% hp you are splitting 10k (crit heal) 6 ways so that's 1,666hp to the rest of the group if it isnt scaled at all. This again is already a tome for clerics for group spill over and is amazing. I also don't see them making the same tome but allowing it to hit potentially more targets

AND in raids a group heal could top off the entire raid
Based on numbers that the over heal would proc a heal 100% of what the over heal is.... so not realistic. Also t have a group heal over heal be splashed over is also not realistic but I will entertain your idea.
With healing increment 8 cascading vim does 17,980 heal, making it 998 heal per person in raid (assuming your grouped up). A group heal is 2,207 per person totaling 13,243. Even if you crit healed to make it a total of 26,486 because you decided to gheal with your group at full health it is a 1,471 heal per person which is a very good amount (which is why they wouldn't allow the group heal to be counted for the overheal splash. Hence the cleric tome is for single target heals only) but you have to crit the group heal and the group has to be full health. So lets do a realistic number. the group is at 50% when the heal goes off. Keeping to the healing 8 tier let say the group average 9k hp per person. So your heal you need to top the group off alone is 27,000 total. The crit heal would just about cover the group, no over heal. So if you are over healing like crazy, doing group heals at 80% yeah I guess this tome would be powerful if you are lucky to crit the spill over but why the hell would you be doing a group heal when the group is at 80%?

Now if this was applied like the cleric tome as a single target heal would proc this, lets say you overheal for 5k, split 18 ways at 100% overheal wud be 277. Which would be further scaled down because cleric is only liek 100hp per person in group so vim would end up like 10hp per person in raid making it silly to have a vim effect.

a boss fight's worth of druid HoT overheal crits could easily be five digits of extra healing
I guess if this tome you want procs this overheal thing every time and the druid hot ticks everytime the tank is at full hp. A crit relic hot at Healing 8 is 1,103 and split 18 ways is 61hp per person so to hit this 5 digits of extra healing you are talking about the hot would need to proc at full amount 163 times.

clerics can overheal for a shitload more than 2k on a crit AND shaman/cleric have two empty class tome slots AND since it isn't focus on HoTs it doesn't heavily favor druids AND it would be a mechanic that is gravy without throwing off your casting rotation AND it would make crits kind of exciting again. So yeah, a small crit during a raid would be pretty minor in itself, ya got me.
My bad for picking a number that isnt outrageous like your healers aren't critting the tank at full hp.

The idea to make any overheal into a vim like effect is still silly. Just cast the spell cascading vim. And all these numbers are based on if the overheal does 100% what the actual over heal is, which in practice it would be a percent amount of the over heal not the whole amount, which further makes the point of having a percentage of the over heal split 18 ways is not a great idea. The overheal vim idea is only useful if you are healing when the person/group is above 80%. I rather have the cleric tome where it splash heals the group because then its actually useful since you arent splitting it 18 ways. It's useful in 6mans and raids because it does something. A vim effect would in 6man yes mimic the cleric group splash but on a raid would be ridiculously low amount (look at the numbers, I gave you the best possible numbers/crits it could do).

Just my 2 cents on the idea.

Last edited:
This is basically the cleric tome,

I did not read your tirade, but thank you for taking the time. It was probably super cathartic for you. Anyhow, what you said above there. Yeah. My bad for not being more familiar with other classes tomes. Your bad for wasting your time writing lengthy breakdowns of how stupid the devs are for making such a tome. In your first post I mean, as I did not read the second one.

Back
Top Bottom