A gnoll priestess getting stuck durring Spirit Call

Wesell

Dalayan Elder
A gnoll preistess gets stuck at location 922, 966, -18 during the quest Spirit Call if you kill the goblins that get spawned on the watch tower on this island too quickly. Hailing her when she is stuck like this and she will respond 'Is now really the time? Bark!'

Wesell said:
A gnoll preistess gets stuck at location 922, 966, -18 during the quest Spirit Call if you kill the goblins that get spawned on the watch tower on this island too quickly. Hailing her when she is stuck like this and she will respond 'Is now really the time? Bark!'

Fixing this would be far more trouble than it's worth--it would be very difficult and make the quest generally easier, which isn't intended. Best I can say is "dont kill the goblins early"; if she's stuck, you can petition to reset her, and she generally won't become stuck if you're not trying to be squirrely and clear the goblins ahead of her. The script *is* designed to resist that somewhat (kill them too early and the script repops them), but if you're quick enough to kill them in the narrow window between when the script repops them and when the priestess reaches them, the script can't do anything about it.

In summation: there's no point to killing the gobs early. Either the script will repop them or it'll break the script. Neither is very fun :toot:

I didn't want to petition because of the scary yellow text that told me I would be baned for petitioning quest problems. Thanks for the response I'll petition it.

Wesell said:
I didn't want to petition because of the scary yellow text that told me I would be baned for petitioning quest problems. Thanks for the response I'll petition it.

Fair enough. I know it's not very cool to be told "welp live with it", but there's really no good way to fix it that wouldn't have a thousand nasty unintended consequences.

If it helps, one other way you could force her to reset would be to train a zillion goblins to her, making her say her "oh no we have failed" thing and repop herself.

It's cool I was just joking about the language in the warning message when you first petition, I've never had to use it before. That's a good idea about training the goblins on her, duh, wish I'd thought of that.

Thinkmeats said:
Fair enough. I know it's not very cool to be told "welp live with it", but there's really no good way to fix it that wouldn't have a thousand nasty unintended consequences.

If it helps, one other way you could force her to reset would be to train a zillion goblins to her, making her say her "oh no we have failed" thing and repop herself.

Yeah we had this same problem and after staring at her for half an hour, this was the only solution we could think of. And here I thought I was being smart when I killed the gobbies before they reached her. Regardless, training goblins to her causes her to flee, and you can start it over. It's generally faster than waiting for a petition anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom