A Drooling Mutation...?

Crynel

Dalayan Elder
happened across an odd monster in Field of Bones that wasnt something i normally see in that area and upon killing it it dropped 2 onyx (stacked which isnt a normal thing for gem drops)

i decided to look it up on the wiki only to find that it isnt on there though there are 2 other variants posted there (Squealing and Croaking) both of which have a BOE droppable loot. Seeing this lead me to believe that the drooling variant is possibly meant to have some form of item loot but it may be bugged?

just pointing this oddity out, feel free to add any info.

hmm upon further killing i came across the croaking named version and killing it yielded a 2 stack of jasper so perhaps the drooling is not bugged and these 2 stack gems are just the "booby" prize.

Always wondered about this mob. As I recall, it's name doesn't even have an article adjective, which already makes it kind of odd. I think Shuks used to kill this or its PH on top of the totem every time we'd do the run to Spires. The monsters along that beach always perplexed me. Some drop [NO DROP] gear that even 30-somethings would scoff at. I also never figured out why their corpses appear at random along the beach, because I've never once seen them engage with any other NPCs....

Also, what's the deal with the Ikisith sharks lurking far out in the water?!

Also, what's the deal with the Ikisith sharks lurking far out in the water?!

Totally read that in a Jary steinfeld voice. There used to be a named shark (tiny human model to me, of course) way out in the waters in the Prophets Landing. I almost duoed it once but it depopped at 20% or so. Figured it was one of those half-developed mobs that shouldn't have been in-game in its weird/unfinished state.

I think there are a few other adjectives for the nameds also, and none drop loot 100% of the time. I was bored one day and tried to kite them all at once and added ones that I got loot off to the wiki afterwards. Didn't pay enough attention to see whether they could all be PH's or not but some of the nameds definitely roam. Also their loot sells for like 10 plat. So yeah, pretty much no reason to kill them

Back
Top Bottom