A Conundrum!

NdN

Dalayan Beginner
So, I seem to be in a bit of a spot, here. I used to play Shards many years ago along with a friend of mine; too long to have retained a lot of specific information, but recently enough that I'm not completely new to the way Shards works. Because of that, I was able to work a newly created Wizard up to level 60 in a relatively short amount of time. It was great getting back into the swing of things, but now I'm starting to experience some issues.

While there are definitely benefits to having such a small community, it often forced me to solo, which I've been doing for a long time now. Because of this and my rapid leveling, I haven't been able to experience many of the zones SoD has to offer, simply because I wasn't able to handle them alone. Now that I'm level 60, I'm worried that I'm going to be stuck AAing on my own for lack of a committed group of folks. This in and of itself is bad enough, but to top it off, it also means I'm not gaining any practical SoD experience that I could be learning from people who know more.

So now I'm looking for a guild, but another problem seems to be rearing it's ugly head - while I do pride myself in being able to learn and adapt quickly, I have very little to offer in the way of actual game mechanics. I have no AA's (I'm waiting 'till 65), and Kaezan, my wizard, is currently my only character.

I do enjoy raiding, as well as role playing (though to my knowledge, there isn't a dedicated RP guild around here) and casual hunting. I'm currently living on the East Coast, so that would be the timezone I use for reference; at the moment, I have plenty of free time available, though my hours at work tend to be a bit sporadic, so daytime playing hours may vary. That being said, I'll never be working past 9:30 PM eastern, which means that I'd be free from 10 PM and onward at the very latest.

I don't know what guilds on SoD typically look for in a candidate other than AA's and gear, neither of which I really excel at currently, so I'm not sure what else to offer other than my charming enthusiasm and rugged good looks.

Any tips and / or advice would be most welcome. ;)

Last edited:
This also depends on the type of guild you are looking for. If you want to reach the top of the game quickly and get into a high tier raid guild, then you need to play a lot. If you are more casual, then there are a few guilds out there for ya. You could even start your own based on whatever it is that you are looking for. Its fun progressing with the same people across many tiers and can make the game more meaningful to you also!

Based on your post here your lacking a few details , such as your playtime (timezone matters !) You could join a casual guild but that doesnt mean more groups if everyones asleep in your guild. Also level 60 is not a great level to be at in SoD your either too high for 30-50 midgame or too low for 65 xp/grind when it comes to ooc'ing for groups. Get to 65 and Lfg will be a bit easier but heh it sounds like you need a real home rather then rely on ooc for good times when you are able to play.

http://dragonkins.guildlaunch.com/

Good points; I'll edit my original post. Thanks for the heads up, I can't believe I missed that minor detail.

I would start doing VE maps and make your own groupage. Get to meet others while exping and going for the quest pieces. Making some coinage at the same time doesnt hurt either.

Most lvl 60s hunt down in Dragons Nec as there is a dragon that spawns that has a very rare chance of dropping an ancient. The rats are fast and steady exp, the dragons are good for money/exp, there is a nice reduction bag as well.

The misfitz is looking for a wizard bud. I myself went to 65 then its all aa from there till tomes. there are several guilds that would group with ya, and gear ya. I cannot offer an uber raid schedule or anything as The_Misfitz is still a very new guild, but we are gathering peeps that are into taking things slow and enjoying the ride until we have enough peeps to start raiding and progressing.. that said, there are more established guilds on server that have more to offer as far as raiding. and they have kewl peeps to group with too.
be well

Back
Top Bottom