6man thread

Anti Eh

Dalayan Elder
Hello, curious if the following can be updated in the policy threads please.

6 man zones are basically raid zones that are balanced for groups of 6. This means that they follow the raid rules listed above while still being groupable content. In these situations you must have 6 or a capable force to claim via the Right of Way rule and you may have only 6 characters actively benefiting a raid at any time. All other rules are applied to 6 man zones verbatim.

the capable force has been declined in a few petitions now and even with 1 otw and 1 ld the follow is enforced.

Hoping this capable force clause can just be removed. Thanks

[Fri Jun 22 10:16:10 2012] GM-Karit tells you, 'According to the 6man raid encounter rules you must have 6 people present to stake a claim. Since you only had 4 you do not have a claim.'

In my opinion you shoul be able to get claim with less than 6 as long as it is a capable force to progress towards the named. Meaning I have 4 dudes clearing into a wing as long as I can continue to clear and have a shot at killing the named I should have claim. But if I am sitting at the entrance waiting on people an not able to clear the way then I should not have claim.

This is a little bit of a grey area and would be judgement calls by the gm's

i agree with you.

but using a dispute from today as an example, it seems maybe this line is either not known but the mass
or is too grey of an area to be fair to both partys.

we were 4 in zone, 5th was rebooting, 6th was inc from athica.
inzone first: check
engaged mobs first: check
killed mobs first: check
that seems capable like a capable claim to me.

[Fri Jun 22 10:01:52 2012] a fae dreamer was hit by non-melee for 2 points of damage.
[Fri Jun 22 10:03:16 2012] a fae dreamer has been slain by Fell!
[Fri Jun 22 10:04:04 2012] Adalus shouts, 'Better luck next time :)'
[Fri Jun 22 10:04:35 2012] You shout, 'could swore we ported up and seen u all still on the ground, that doesnt claim?'
[Fri Jun 22 10:05:31 2012] Adalus shouts, '5 doesn't claim a 6 man zone'

[Fri Jun 22 10:09:29 2012] You petition, 'hello, trying to kill the fae queen in shadowdale, pretty sure our group ported up and engaged mobs in the trees b4 the other group that is here atm. we were only 4 thou at the time with 1 ld and 1 otw, not surehow this claim works, thanks'
[Fri Jun 22 10:16:10 2012] GM-Karit tells you, 'According to the 6man raid encounter rules you must have 6 people present to stake a claim. Since you only had 4 you do not have a claim.'
[Fri Jun 22 10:16:42 2012] You told GM-Karit, 'good to know, thanks'

[Fri Jun 22 10:16:55 2012] You tell your party, 'gating, lost claim cause not 6'

my suggestion would be eliminate that line, as less grey areas in 6man claims would save people alot of wasted time and fustration

my suggestion would be eliminate that line, as less grey areas in 6man claims would save people alot of wasted time and fustration

Except the staff while it just favors high tier characters who can duo clears.

I could have sworn you could have had 4 people in zone and the rest on the way to make a claim. As long as the 4 there killed a mob and weren't all afking doing nothing, of course.

Just gonna leave this here.....

6 Man Zone Rules

6 man zones are basically raid zones that are balanced for groups of 6. This means that they follow the raid rules listed above while still being groupable content. In these situations you must have 6 OR a capable force to claim via the Right of Way rule and you may have only 6 characters actively benefiting a raid at any time. All other rules are applied to 6 man zones verbatim.Zones following 6 man rules and their individual partitioning are as follows:

Cyrtho Malath - SPLIT by wing (1,2,3,4).
Emberflow - Split by wing (1,2,3).
Catacombs of Elthannar - Not split
Highkeep - levels 2-4 are claimable by one group, basement by another.
Haegra Malath - The 6-char terror tunnel is the only place restricted in this way, note that you may not for any reason be in the terror tunnel unless your character triggered that instance, the rez spots are for recovery from wipes you cleared to *that session*.
Haegra Malath addendum - You are allowed to switch members of your group out, however, and THIS ONE TIME ONLY it is okay to use the 6-char corpsecall to get them back to the group, so long as most of the group (4+) died *at that boss or further in*. This is the ONLY PLACE IN THE GAME you can do this legally (update: and Nadox). If you do it anywhere else, we will probably ban you.

I think the problem is "OR a capable force" which is undefined and probably should not be part of the rule.

I once solo'd a 6 man mob and made the people I beat to the named watch me kill him on a live steam. And then they whined incessantly like the babies that they are and had the mob respawned.. oh and I had to delete my treasure.

This is 100% relevant to this thread.

I could have sworn you could have had 4 people in zone and the rest on the way to make a claim. As long as the 4 there killed a mob and weren't all afking doing nothing, of course.

It used to be like this.

That it isn't is weird.

Back
Top Bottom