6-man Mid Tier

CrackerJ

Dalayan Adventurer
Hi All,

Are there any plans for another 6-man raid zone in the T4-T6 range?

I always thought it would be nice to have a 6-man zone to do after Cmal in preparation for Emberflow. Once you hit Emberflow there's a pretty decent amount of 6-man content up to T10. This would provide a nice avenue for those that don't care for raiding as much and prefer smaller group content.

i believe the recently added Mielech D (Mielech's Lab) is slightly lower tier than emberflow and may be what you seek. i dont know much about it though.

MielD was supposed to fill that gap but it wasn't ever balanced appropriately afaik. An on-tier group would not have the mana pools to last the entire fight even if the tank didn't get splattered by the overtuned AOEs and other mechanics.

There is catacombs, wich is a t4ish 6man zone iirc and not new at all.
Tarlisha is listed as t4, the rest of the bosses are lower and almost all their loot is inferior to BOEs at this point.

It might be worth doing a bit, especially since it's easy to find the easier bosses up, but I wouldn't really classify the zone as being just below EF.

Yea Mielech D was supposed to be the answer. But it more parallels Emberflow. You might be able to clear the trash but the trash is unrewarding and the bosses are much, much harder than the trash. By the time you can kill the mielech D bosses you're already past it gear-wise except for the 1-2 people you can scrub in.

I agree there is a hole in the progression from Cmal -> Emberflow and that it would be good to fill this hole. I think the easiest way would be to lower Mielech D difficulty and maybe making the trash respawn timers to be similar to cmal (8 hour?) instead of similar to emberflow (15 minutes?).

I understand why emberflow trash repops so quickly but a lower difficulty dungeon like Mielch D should behave more like cmal imo.

Iirc mield is 30 mins. For filling in the gap between cmal and ember it fits the bill loot-wise, but I think 3/4 bosses are prolly a bit too rough for that intention.

There is also Windstone Caverns. Not sure where that falls.
Windstone is way, way harder than MielD, pretty similar to emberflow. Respawns are 15 mins iirc. But Windstone suffers the same downfall of MielD with horrible money drops and long clears where the trash drops nothing of significance (except for the miel d supposed pet spell). Also Windstone has ridiculous AEs that mean you will be waiting on healer mana for half the time you're in there.

Daffie can tank meld trash, but blows up to windstone trash (just to put it in perspective based on tier.)

Others have already said it, the low tier 6 mans are:
Cmal
Catacombs
MelD (which is a fairly big jump above catacombs)

Thanks for all the great info guys. I didn't notice MielD because it wasn't on the 6-man Tier list, and for the most part Catacombs isn't on there either.

Too bad MielD isn't more approachable, that would be quite awesome to have that bridge zone.

How do people recover from wipes with 15 minute trash respawn and no necro (other res/fd class)?

How do people recover from wipes with 15 minute trash respawn and no necro (other res/fd class)?
You re-clear, the way it is in Emberflow. It's tedious. Which is why I suggested making the MielD trash like Cmal trash for the lower dunegons.

Also note that a monk/SK/rogue with an imbued rez urn can do perform recoveries too, not just a necro.

You re-clear, the way it is in Emberflow. It's tedious. Which is why I suggested making the MielD trash like Cmal trash for the lower dunegons.

Also note that a monk/SK/rogue with an imbued rez urn can do perform recoveries too, not just a necro.

+1000

There's no reason for any monk / rogue / sk to not have an imbued rez urn on them at all times. You'll be looked at as a glorious hero if your guild wipes and you save the day with an urn.

The best part about CMAL is that all of the trash can drop cool stuff and you can split a few thousand plat from a clear - the fact that these new 6 mans don't offer that same perk is kinda strange.

Trash dropping good loot takes me back to the good days of Plane of Fear / Hate in EQ and being excited about every single kill.

Thanks for all the great info guys. I didn't notice MielD because it wasn't on the 6-man Tier list, and for the most part Catacombs isn't on there either.

Too bad MielD isn't more approachable, that would be quite awesome to have that bridge zone.

One of the tricks I have used in the past is to keep one guy who can res out of the fight until victory is assured. I'm not sure is a rogue can sneak back through to res after a total wipe.

Have you tanked any MielD bosses on Daffie?
Nope. When MelD released, I could never catch them up to try and after talking you and other people it became obvious that it isn't worth the time to clear in a try. I will say, the elemental guys have a pretty mean resist check for on tier dudes...

man that be awesome to raid some meilich D and it was like cmal because i been at that gap for a vary long time piece by piece trying to tier my way up sometimes we have no choice but to skip a tier

Maybe after the Monks changes, or a Dev who isn't really involved with it could just take a look a the loot of Catacombs and make/take some suggestions to bump them up a bit. Or scrap the items there currently and rework them all together. I feel like the zone is nice as far as difficulty, but as pointed out the loot is pretty so-so. Just a problem with how things have progressed over the years, and older content hasn't been updated to stay relevant.

I know we like to keep things as they were created, and/or let the original Dev who created the stuff to make adjustments, but chances are the person (Wiz likely) who made Cata is long gone.

Back
Top Bottom