2 box limit and hard to group

moto one

Dalayan Beginner
I have been played for long time, seems start in 2003 or 2004 , after servers close for a year or two , with new world back ,and exllent work .but more rules,and unstable network,time to time..Now still with 2 box limited and alway 20 average online,in day time ,these years. May be because of different time zone.Still hard to group . Hope one day 6 box limit or more . Forbidden MQ2 is ok.
keep watching,time to time.

I always thought it was funny how EQ emu servers were like "we gotta have boxes to make groups!". Then P1999 came along. See, most people don't like boxing. More importantly, if your server has boxing then it is, on some deep gamer-mental-level, essentially required.

When the long whispered about SoD server reset never happens, they'd be wise to get rid of boxing entirely.

I always thought it was funny how EQ emu servers were like "we gotta have boxes to make groups!". Then P1999 came along. See, most people don't like boxing. More importantly, if your server has boxing then it is, on some deep gamer-mental-level, essentially required.

When the long whispered about SoD server reset never happens, they'd be wise to get rid of boxing entirely.
I hated boxing but always did it because it was essentially required for whatever we were doing.

By concentrating on two characters I often missed out on social interactions. One boxing is the way it should all be.

May be if GM willing to consider that going to run a new server with no limit ,really like sod to much ...As foreigners may not good at english ,and different zone times ,They have little chance to make a group,even office version has no limit with boxing. They dont want to break rules, and then to be jailed , ,,,and even with 6 box , still hard ,and hard to control so many boxes alone.Sometimes ,they have to be alone;but because of love sod ,. they keep moving on with hard works. wonder if any GM could reply.

One of the several reason that I quit playing was because I couldn't progress my characters anymore without grouping and I couldn't find groups on my time (other than plat farming.) I didn't want to do hacky stuff to more than 2 box.

There's no need to argue with break the rule or box , just make different dalayas, like p1999 has red version ,blue and green one. people can choose which one they wish to.

There's no need to argue with break the rule or box , just make different dalayas, like p1999 has red version ,blue and green one. people can choose which one they wish to.
What an unfortunate timeline we live in where instead of this being a thing we have the mindblowing-bad-client-decision Quarm soaking up EQ nerds while the almost glorious remix SoD has ~1 patch a year, ~20th eqemu population, but someone on standby to ban you.

What an unfortunate timeline we live in where instead of this being a thing we have the mindblowing-bad-client-decision Quarm soaking up EQ nerds while the almost glorious remix SoD has ~1 patch a year, ~20th eqemu population, but someone on standby to ban you.
No joke.
Lost the keys to the server kingdom, no more patches, will ban you for boxing more than 2 characters even though the server population is toast, has some of the best content for all eqemu yet the content will never be seen again...
Makes sense.

Last patch was 1.5years ago...

No joke.
Lost the keys to the server kingdom, no more patches, will ban you for boxing more than 2 characters even though the server population is toast, has some of the best content for all eqemu yet the content will never be seen again...
Makes sense.

Does it even reach 50+ on prime times during weekends/holidays?
It's ridiculous that they wont allow people to 3 box by now. That rule was set way back in the days when we would get a good 300+ pop during peak times.

There's even a 2015 thread asking for the limit to be raised to 3, because the population was sub 100's.

Even Fuwok complained about not being able to find a group;

I very heavily support unlimited concurrent boxes in designated zones (for buffing). Buffing is an incredible waste of time, and buffing a duo takes way too long even with fast camp. I know, I know, they're saying just group with real people and buff. If you say that, you should try grouping. Before I last quit, I could ooc all night and never get any interest.

Buffs don't add any fun to the game, and if it were up to me I'd take the radical option of rolling all the buffs into one super buff and letting you hail for it in towns.

Funny enough, even you Daffle, in 2015 was adamant against the idea, has changed it's mind nowadays;

If they let me 3 box content, I'm never grouping anyone again. Only as charity. Most likely, it would be guild only leaching forever. I can do basically all content I want to with tank/healer/dps... No joke, dudes that are higher tier than me hardly need to group dudes as is...

3 boxing fills groups with boxes not RL people. That is why.

Please dont take this as a personal attack;
It's just to show that the server is dying way too fast nowadays and maybe changing this one set of rule that was made way back in the days, to try and defend the population, maybe will relief the population a bit.

Last patch was 1.5years ago...

Does it even reach 50+ on prime times during weekends/holidays?
It's ridiculous that they wont allow people to 3 box by now. That rule was set way back in the days when we would get a good 300+ pop during peak times.

There's even a 2015 thread asking for the limit to be raised to 3, because the population was sub 100's.

Even Fuwok complained about not being able to find a group;

Funny enough, even you Daffle, in 2015 was adamant against the idea, has changed it's mind nowadays;

Please dont take this as a personal attack;
It's just to show that the server is dying way too fast nowadays and maybe changing this one set of rule that was made way back in the days, to try and defend the population, maybe will relief the population a bit.
Not feeling attacked :) One has to change with the times!

Back
Top Bottom